A study for a 57 year old man who takes Thalomid, Velcade, Dexamethasone - from FDA reports
2,472 males aged 57 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 57 year old male patient who has Multiple Myeloma. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 04, 2017
2,472 males aged 57 (±5) who take Thalomid, Velcade, Dexamethasone are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 57
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Multiple Myeloma
- Drugs taken:
- Thalomid (thalidomide)
- Dexamethasone (dexamethasone)
- Velcade (bortezomib)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Sinusitis: 35 (1.42% of males aged 57 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Sinusitis in Multiple Myeloma: 199 (1.35% of males aged 57 (±5) who have Multiple Myeloma)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Sinusitis in Thalomid: 18 (0.52% of males aged 57 (±5) who take Thalomid)
- Sinusitis in drugs with ingredients of Thalomid: 100 (2.29% of males aged 57 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of thalidomide)
- Sinusitis in Dexamethasone: 84 (1.21% of males aged 57 (±5) who take Dexamethasone)
- Sinusitis in drugs with ingredients of Dexamethasone: 167 (1.63% of males aged 57 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of dexamethasone)
- Sinusitis in Velcade: 67 (1.93% of males aged 57 (±5) who take Velcade)
- Sinusitis in drugs with ingredients of Velcade: 67 (1.62% of males aged 57 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of bortezomib)
Most common drug interactions over time
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (112 people, 4.53%)
- Preventive Health Care (87 people, 3.52%)
- Nausea (57 people, 2.31%)
- High Blood Pressure (41 people, 1.66%)
- Constipation (25 people, 1.01%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Revlimid (605 people, 24.47%)
- Zometa (514 people, 20.79%)
- Cyclophosphamide (341 people, 13.79%)
- Acyclovir (280 people, 11.33%)
- Aredia (255 people, 10.32%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Thalomid has active ingredients of thalidomide. It is often used in multiple myeloma. (latest outcomes from Thalomid 32,904 users)
- Velcade has active ingredients of bortezomib. It is often used in multiple myeloma. (latest outcomes from Velcade 36,311 users)
- Dexamethasone has active ingredients of dexamethasone. It is often used in multiple myeloma. (latest outcomes from Dexamethasone 65,570 users)
What are the conditions?
- Multiple myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells) can be treated by Revlimid, Velcade, Dexamethasone, Zometa, Thalomid (latest reports from 180,716 Multiple myeloma patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis, osteoporosis, psoriatic arthropathy (latest reports from 70,798 Sinusitis patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Thalomid and Velcade drug interaction
- Thalomid and Dexamethasone drug interaction
- Velcade and Dexamethasone drug interaction
Can you answer these questions?
Hello guys, My name is favour i'm 39 male I have been using dexamethasone(tablets) with Cyproheptadine(caplet), i was too skinny and i needed to add up some flesh and based on a friend's advice i started taking one caplet of Cyproheptadine daily and 1mg of dexacortin(dexamethasone) , in no ...
88 year old male can't breath through nose.He just blows and blows his nose all time. I have him to wash nose with warm water to clean it out. But he still blows. It sounds dry to me He says it makes it hard to breath.
Have a constant cough with this viral infection - cough til almost throw up. need relief - would dexamethasone (and I have 4 mg tablet that I cut into 4 pieces) 1 piece is enough for me. Can I take that with 2 hrs. of taking a fioricet
You may be interested in these reviews
I've taken seroquel (quietapine) for about 12 years now & I go through flonase nasal spray like 2 or 3 bottles per month for stuffy nose & breathing problems while sleeping. I've tried to quit but can't sleep when I try. Damned if I do & damned if I don't. I also take remeron about an hour ...
My Dad just finished his second round of Velcade and Retuxin for Waldenstrom and in a matter of a month went from being very active to not being able to do anything at all. He has shortness of breath very lethargic and neuropathy and weight loss. We are at a loss as to what to do for him as ...
I HAVE HAD A SINUS INFECTION WITH BLOODY MIX. This is not from nose bleed. Have run a fever and nausea and dry heaving. My doctor put me on back-to-back different antibiotics for three weeks along wth mucinex dm. Finished this regime 4 days ago and I'mcoming down with it again. By the way, the ...