A study for a 50 year old woman who takes Pyridium, Bactrim Ds - from FDA reports
30 females aged 50 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 50 year old female patient who has Uti. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 13, 2017
30 females aged 50 (±5) who take Pyridium, Bactrim Ds are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 50
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Uti
- Drugs taken:
- Pyridium (phenazopyridine hydrochloride)
- Bactrim Ds (sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Back Pain: 0 (0% of females aged 50 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Muscle Cramp: 0 (0% of females aged 50 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Back Pain in Uti: 67 (3.46% of females aged 50 (±5) who have Uti)
- Muscle Cramp in Uti: 0 (0% of females aged 50 (±5) who have Uti)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Back Pain in Pyridium: 1 (1.35% of females aged 50 (±5) who take Pyridium)
- Back Pain in drugs with ingredients of Pyridium: 28 (9.59% of females aged 50 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of phenazopyridine hydrochloride)
- Back Pain in Bactrim Ds: 25 (4.22% of females aged 50 (±5) who take Bactrim Ds)
- Back Pain in drugs with ingredients of Bactrim Ds: 136 (3.12% of females aged 50 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim)
- Muscle Cramp in Pyridium: 1 (1.35% of females aged 50 (±5) who take Pyridium)
- Muscle Cramp in drugs with ingredients of Pyridium: 1 (0.34% of females aged 50 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of phenazopyridine hydrochloride)
- Muscle Cramp in Bactrim Ds: 0 (0% of females aged 50 (±5) who take Bactrim Ds)
- Muscle Cramp in drugs with ingredients of Bactrim Ds: 11 (0.25% of females aged 50 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim)
Most common drug interactions over time
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (8 people, 26.67%)
- Depression (8 people, 26.67%)
- Stress And Anxiety (6 people, 20.00%)
- Osteoarthritis (6 people, 20.00%)
- Nausea (6 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (11 people, 36.67%)
- Prozac (7 people, 23.33%)
- Phenergan (6 people, 20.00%)
- Nexium (6 people, 20.00%)
- Neurontin (6 people, 20.00%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Pyridium has active ingredients of phenazopyridine hydrochloride. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Pyridium 838 users)
- Bactrim ds has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Bactrim ds 9,939 users)
What are the conditions?
- Uti (urinary tract infection) can be treated by Macrobid, Ciprofloxacin hydrochloride, Bactrim, Ciprofloxacin, Bactrim ds (latest reports from 123,835 Uti patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Back pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure (latest reports from 189,656 Back pain patients).
- Muscle cramp (painful sensation caused by muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain, high blood pressure, hyperlipidaemia (latest reports from 10,657 Muscle cramp patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Hi everyone, I need help! I am experiencing severe cramping in my legs, feet, calves and notes, along with major spasms. My legs are so tight and swollen as well (I also have swelling in my joints and muscles). I am taking Olanzapine and was wondering if anyone had experienced these symptoms? ...
Hello, I have been taking Zoloft for about two months now and I have back pain and hip pain. Will it go away soon? I had nausea for a week at the beginning but I was fine after so I'm wondering if I should hold on or change medication. Anybody has any idea??
I have been hospitalized and in pain since receiving the Prolia injection. It raised my white count, did a spinal tap, and diagnosed me with H1N1, the pain in my neck, hip and back has never subsided. I did have a back fusion in August 2015 and recovered nicely, then in March of 2016 got the ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi there, I have advanced RH, no medications for over past 12 years. Had an extreme flare up a few months back so went to rheumatologist who has prescribed 10 mg methotrexate, weekly and daily palquil, 5mg prednisone and 2x weekly folic acid. I have been on them nearly 3 months now. This ...
I have been on Tecfidera for 6 months and I have a severe back pain focused on the tail bone. It gets worse when standing up after sitting down for hours. I am not sure if it is due to the drug I am taking or if it is just another symptoms from MS.
Started xarelto yesterday. First night sleeping I woke up with fairly severe lower back pain. I know it's the first side effect but I don't know if it's serious or listed first merely because it is more common. Any help?