A study for a 55 year old woman who takes Oxybutynin, Nexium - from FDA reports
53 females aged 55 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 55 year old female patient who has Detrusor Hyperreflexia, Gerd. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 03, 2017
53 females aged 55 (±5) who take Oxybutynin, Nexium are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 55
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Detrusor Hyperreflexia, Gerd
- Drugs taken:
- Oxybutynin (oxybutynin)
- Nexium (esomeprazole magnesium)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Urinary Frequency Or Urgency: 0 (0% of females aged 55 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Urinary Frequency Or Urgency in Detrusor Hyperreflexia: 0 (0% of females aged 55 (±5) who have Detrusor Hyperreflexia)
- Urinary Frequency Or Urgency in Gerd: 0 (0% of females aged 55 (±5) who have Gerd)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Urinary Frequency Or Urgency in Oxybutynin: 0 (0% of females aged 55 (±5) who take Oxybutynin)
- Urinary Frequency Or Urgency in drugs with ingredients of Oxybutynin: 0 (0% of females aged 55 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of oxybutynin)
- Urinary Frequency Or Urgency in Nexium: 0 (0% of females aged 55 (±5) who take Nexium)
- Urinary Frequency Or Urgency in drugs with ingredients of Nexium: 0 (0% of females aged 55 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:
- skin irritation
1 - 6 months:
- application site irritation
- hot flush
- drug ineffective
- dry mouth
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:
- psychomotor hyperactivity
- sleep disorder
- the flu
- suicide attempt
- feeling abnormal
2 - 5 years:
- sickle cell anaemia
- bone disorder
- humerus fracture
- post procedural complication
- bone pain
- peripheral arterial occlusive disease
5 - 10 years:
- bone disorder
- multiple fractures
- rib fracture
- suicidal ideation
- homicidal ideation
- nausea and vomiting
- urinary tract infection
- bone pain
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (10 people, 18.87%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (10 people, 18.87%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (9 people, 16.98%)
- Asthma (8 people, 15.09%)
- High Blood Pressure (7 people, 13.21%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ambien (8 people, 15.09%)
- Vitamin D (7 people, 13.21%)
- Advair Hfa (7 people, 13.21%)
- Zyrtec (6 people, 11.32%)
- Seroquel (6 people, 11.32%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Oxybutynin has active ingredients of oxybutynin. It is often used in urge incontinence. (latest outcomes from Oxybutynin 6,652 users)
- Nexium has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Nexium 127,919 users)
What are the conditions?
- Detrusor hyperreflexia (increased contractile activity of the detrusor muscle of the bladder) can be treated by Vesicare, Oxybutynin chloride, Detrol la, Toviaz, Enablex (latest reports from 2,220 Detrusor hyperreflexia patients)
- Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Prevacid (latest reports from 144,254 Gerd patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Urinary frequency or urgency has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, generalized anxiety disorder, gastroesophageal reflux disease, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 817 Urinary frequency or urgency patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Hi, I've been taking Wellbutrin for about two months now and I'm having increased urination. It's gotten so bad I'm peeing at least 20 times a day and it's become harder and harder to control the urge. Anyone else have this problem?
Had an endoscopy today due to being anemic and 16 polyps were found in my stomach and removed. Size of the polyps were 10mm to 18mm. Have been on Nexium for 7 years for an ulcer. Has anyone had these size poplyps due to nexium?
I have been using this Hair Regrowth Treatment for about 8 years and have begun to realize that during the same 8 years I have had a dramatic increase in UTI's. I am reacting badly to all of the antibiotics designed to treat UTI's so I need to figure out what is causing them rather than trying ...
I have taken Nexium for over 10 years due to a Hiatal Hernia. Can't fix it without surgery. Luckily I am not having any side effects from the drug. I just wonder why I can't seem to lose weight easily. I eat a ketogenic diet and should be losing a little weight. I'm at 120 but would like to be ...
acute onset numbness , weakness, and gait abnormalities over year ago, other abnormal sensations/functions and pain came on later, symptoms involving mostly sensory and autonomic with some motor persist but fluctuate. have a hard time controlling and dealing with the pain especially. sometimes ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Am new..so here goes .my problem urinating 4 or 5 times a night..I dont smoke or drink alcohol..trying to prep for my third marathon. So waking all the time is killing my workouts too tired from lack of sleep.seeing a urologist but so far he hasn't been much help..so thats it..any suggestions.. ...
Need help with a issue, I have been on Omeprazole for several years, I was changed over to the generic due to insurance purposes, but recently I have been taking it and have experienced this HORRIBLE metallic taste in my mouth , any suggestions and will it go away?
I have been taking omeprazole for almost 6 years, in the last 3 years, I was changed to Esomeprazole and not had a problem at all , then just recently I have developed this AWFUL metallic taste, any ideas or information from others would be appreciated :)
I just realised that maybe my elevated triglyceride levels could have something to do with nexium. I have scleroderma and take 40mg X 2 daily and consider my diet healthy and am in the healthy weight range so much as concerned about why...