A study for a 60 year old man who takes Amoxicillin - from FDA reports
2,528 males aged 60 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 60 year old male patient who has Syncope. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 09, 2017
2,528 males aged 60 (±5) who take Amoxicillin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 60
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Syncope
- Drugs taken:
- Amoxicillin (amoxicillin)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Syncope: 49 (1.94% of males aged 60 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Syncope in Amoxicillin: 49 (2.19% of males aged 60 (±5) who take Amoxicillin)
- Syncope in drugs with ingredients of Amoxicillin: 51 (2.02% of males aged 60 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of amoxicillin)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- breathing difficulty
- jaundice - yellow skin
1 - 6 months:
- blood alkaline phosphatase increased
- alanine aminotransferase increased
- aspartate aminotransferase increased
- gamma-glutamyltransferase increased
- gastrointestinal haemorrhage
- interstitial nephritis
- jaundice cholestatic
- renal failure acute
- faeces pale
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
- renal impairment
- eye swelling
- renal failure chronic
- eyelid oedema
- lip swelling
2 - 5 years:
- pulmonary embolism
- drug hypersensitivity
- varicose vein
- suicidal ideation
- deep venous thrombosis
- venous stenosis
- erection problems
- stress and anxiety
5 - 10 years:
- mood swings
- balance disorder
- hearing impaired
- mental disorder
- visual impairment
- bipolar disorder
- stress and anxiety
- breathing difficulty
- chest pain
- joint pain
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (166 people, 6.57%)
- Multiple Myeloma (164 people, 6.49%)
- Preventive Health Care (138 people, 5.46%)
- Pain (129 people, 5.10%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (102 people, 4.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Omeprazole (207 people, 8.19%)
- Aspirin (202 people, 7.99%)
- Lisinopril (161 people, 6.37%)
- Zometa (157 people, 6.21%)
- Levaquin (148 people, 5.85%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Amoxicillin 39,679 users)
What are the conditions?
- Syncope (loss of consciousness with an inability to maintain postural tone) can be treated by Florinef, Midodrine hydrochloride, Metoprolol succinate (latest reports from 74,772 Syncope patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Syncope (loss of consciousness with an inability to maintain postural tone) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, pain (latest reports from 74,772 Syncope patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Been running a fever for 2 weeks now. Very high at first 104.4 but has dropped down to low grade since taking amoxicillin for a week. During day, no fever, but the low grade fever comes at night. I have a dull pain in my shoulder - possibly a muscle spasm, but it has started traveling down my ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.
Hey all! I've recently started taking Amoxicillin for an ear infection. Today I was out in the sun for about 6 hours (with sunscreen) and was left with a bright red, extremely painful burn. The pain is almost unbearable, and I am unsure as to what I can do besides applying liberal amounts of ...
I am a CKD patient recently underwent bypass surgery. I am on medicine and dialysis thrice weekly. Now I am having caugh and the sputum has changed to yellow. My chest is clear. I was wondering if Amoxicillin could be taken with all this medication.
Hi there, I was given Amoxicillin approximately 18 months ago for a tooth infection by my dentist. Within 12 hours I suffered a very bad reaction, throat and mouth extremely inflamed and felt like they were on fire. I ended up not speaking for 4 days as each time I tried I was in agony for ...