A study for a 23 year old man who takes Multivitamin - from FDA reports
947 males aged 23 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 23 year old male patient who has General Health. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 13, 2017
947 males aged 23 (±5) who take Multivitamin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 23
- Gender: male
- Conditions: General Health
- Drugs taken:
- Multivitamin (ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Nausea And Vomiting: 15 (1.58% of males aged 23 (±5) who take the drug)
- Insomnia: 10 (1.06% of males aged 23 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Insomnia in General Health: 0 (0% of males aged 23 (±5) who have General Health)
- Nausea And Vomiting in General Health: 0 (0% of males aged 23 (±5) who have General Health)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Insomnia in Multivitamin: 10 (2.39% of males aged 23 (±5) who take Multivitamin)
- Insomnia in drugs with ingredients of Multivitamin: 37 (3.91% of males aged 23 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e)
- Nausea And Vomiting in Multivitamin: 15 (3.58% of males aged 23 (±5) who take Multivitamin)
- Nausea And Vomiting in drugs with ingredients of Multivitamin: 40 (4.22% of males aged 23 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- abdominal pain upper
- developmental delay
- eyelid ptosis
- alanine aminotransferase increased
- congenital cystic lung
- drug level decreased
- abdominal discomfort
- abdominal infection
- weight decreased
1 - 6 months:
- otitis media acute
- hepatitis d
- enlarged heart
- hepatic enzyme increased
- drug resistance
- stable angina
6 - 12 months:
- ulcerative colitis
- abdominal pain upper
- feeling abnormal
- blood count abnormal
- transplant rejection
1 - 2 years:
- alanine aminotransferase increased
- liver disorder
- aspartate aminotransferase increased
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- drug ineffective
- stress and anxiety
- crohn's disease
- nausea and vomiting
- injection site pain
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Crohn's Disease (199 people, 21.01%)
- Ulcerative Colitis (40 people, 4.22%)
- Supplementation Therapy (38 people, 4.01%)
- Depression (38 people, 4.01%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (34 people, 3.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira (191 people, 20.17%)
- Prednisone (58 people, 6.12%)
- Fish Oil (58 people, 6.12%)
- Vitamin D (46 people, 4.86%)
- Folic Acid (39 people, 4.12%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Multivitamin has active ingredients of ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e. It is often used in vitamin supplementation. (latest outcomes from Multivitamin 42,268 users)
What are the conditions?
- General health can be treated by Multivitamin, Vitamin d (latest reports from 247 General health patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Nausea and vomiting has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, depression (latest reports from 259,602 Nausea and vomiting patients).
- Insomnia (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, insomnia (latest reports from 230,042 Insomnia patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Hi my name is Jace I started my first dose today this morning. I felt ok but 6 hours later I've got naseaus and vomiting. I called my doctor he says it's normal side effect. This is the worst ever feeling. Any advice on how long these symptoms last, a week or more? and what can I do to alleviate ...
I'm trying to work up the courage to go back on it, after 3 days of vomiting I've recovered and hoping someone else has had luck. I tried taking Ondansetron a half hour before, and then I tried an hour before> I tried 2 hours after eating. Didn't try with food, but i guess I will. Any advice ...
Hey everyone my name is Angela & I'm new to the group. I'm also new to Latuda. I'm in desperate need of answers/advice. I've been diagnosed with Bipolar I, PTSD, depression, & anxiety. I've been taking 900mg of Lithium & 45 total mg of Buspar since November 2016 with no problems. I was also on ...
hi everyone~ i need help with nightmares and night terrors and sleep paralysis... i've had all these issues for my life but since i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and have been taking levothyroxine it feels like my nightmares are more vivid and jarring 😰 it causes me anxiety at night to ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi I am new on the group, and I have dopa responsive dystonia, which is well treated. However I often fell very tired doing the day, and often fell like i will never really get my head to wake up. and I often wake up many times doing the night, and can have trouble falling a sleep, but that is ...
Diagnosed with MM Oct 2016. Have been on Revlimid,Velcade,and steroids. Taken off Velcade 3weeks ago getting Neuropathy in my feet Now constantly have upset stomach. Doesn't affect my appetite. Is there anything that can be taken for this constant upset stomach
I started taking Tumeric 6 days ago for anxiety and depression. I take 550mg in the morning and at bedtime. The first three days were great, but the last three days I have been waking up at 4:15am and was wide awake. I ave read that Tumeric helps with sleep but also read that it creates ...
I've never taken any drugs and recently at 58 yrs old doc says I need blood pressure meds and cholesterol med. taking diovan and was on pravastatin. Having terribly insomnia and struggling to lose weight. Been reading online about insomnia with both meds. Told doc all was well after a month on ...
I have been on Synthroid for 4 yrs. and for a year have had extreme sweating, nothing eliviates it and insomnia, I take a ton of stuff just to fall asleep. I quit taking this morning and have not had any sweating,hoping the insomnia is gone as well. I am pretty tired of not being able to ...