A study for a 43 year old woman who takes Acyclovir - from FDA reports
2,586 females aged 43 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 43 year old female patient who has Shingles. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 05, 2017
2,586 females aged 43 (±5) who take Acyclovir are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 43
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Shingles
- Drugs taken:
- Acyclovir (acyclovir)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Dizziness: 54 (2.09% of females aged 43 (±5) who take the drug)
- Low Blood Sugar: 5 (0.19% of females aged 43 (±5) who take the drug)
- Fatigue: 95 (3.67% of females aged 43 (±5) who take the drug)
- Headaches: 93 (3.6% of females aged 43 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dizziness in Shingles: 20 (7.52% of females aged 43 (±5) who have Shingles)
- Fatigue in Shingles: 25 (9.4% of females aged 43 (±5) who have Shingles)
- Headaches in Shingles: 26 (9.77% of females aged 43 (±5) who have Shingles)
- Low Blood Sugar in Shingles: 2 (0.75% of females aged 43 (±5) who have Shingles)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dizziness in Acyclovir: 54 (3.94% of females aged 43 (±5) who take Acyclovir)
- Dizziness in drugs with ingredients of Acyclovir: 98 (3.79% of females aged 43 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of acyclovir)
- Fatigue in Acyclovir: 95 (6.93% of females aged 43 (±5) who take Acyclovir)
- Fatigue in drugs with ingredients of Acyclovir: 205 (7.93% of females aged 43 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of acyclovir)
- Headaches in Acyclovir: 93 (6.79% of females aged 43 (±5) who take Acyclovir)
- Headaches in drugs with ingredients of Acyclovir: 199 (7.7% of females aged 43 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of acyclovir)
- Low Blood Sugar in Acyclovir: 5 (0.36% of females aged 43 (±5) who take Acyclovir)
- Low Blood Sugar in drugs with ingredients of Acyclovir: 10 (0.39% of females aged 43 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of acyclovir)
Most common side effects over time
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (229 people, 8.86%)
- Pain (194 people, 7.50%)
- Depression (190 people, 7.35%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (166 people, 6.42%)
- Preventive Health Care (148 people, 5.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Fluconazole (208 people, 8.04%)
- Prednisone (198 people, 7.66%)
- Zofran (154 people, 5.96%)
- Lasix (153 people, 5.92%)
- Diflucan (149 people, 5.76%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Acyclovir has active ingredients of acyclovir. It is often used in herpes simplex. (latest outcomes from Acyclovir 24,039 users)
What are the conditions?
- Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus) can be treated by Valtrex, Acyclovir, Gabapentin, Valacyclovir, Lyrica (latest reports from 40,544 Shingles patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Dizziness has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, osteoporosis, pain (latest reports from 302,913 Dizziness patients).
- Low blood sugar has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, type 1 diabetes (latest reports from 32,936 Low blood sugar patients).
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, depression (latest reports from 406,321 Fatigue patients).
- Headaches has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, depression, pain (latest reports from 344,734 Headaches patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Hello. I've been taking Crestor for 4-6 months now and for the last 2 months I've had 3 fevers. My last one lasting for 7 days. Ive been masking my symptoms with Tylenol or Advil but the doctors can't seem to find anything wrong. Anyone else been through this?
I just started taking a Beta Blocker(Metoprolol 50mg daily) because of high blood pressure..I also take Methadone 30mg. Daily...I notice when I take the men's and drink lemon water with a table spoon of ACV w/ the mother I get dizzy to the point I want to fall down...Could it be the ACV with ...
Hey everyone my name is Angela & I'm new to the group. I'm also new to Latuda. I'm in desperate need of answers/advice. I've been diagnosed with Bipolar I, PTSD, depression, & anxiety. I've been taking 900mg of Lithium & 45 total mg of Buspar since November 2016 with no problems. I was also on ...
Hello! My name is Monique and I have just started taking Ibrance-finished 2nd cycle two days ago, on my one week break. My question is does Ibrance (low WBC) prevent herpes outbreaks from healing as quickly as they should? I've had an outbreak for about three weeks now...
iAm a diabetic. am over 60, female. i have inflamed stomach lining. Very Painful....watching closely what i eat... have lost 5 lbs this week... Occasionally the pain ia bearable, mostly not. I have been reading that antacids can lower blood sugar...I am afraid to go to sleep because my blood ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi I've been on cimzia for 1 year for the last 2 months been having terrible headaches. They make me feel sick and dizzy also on 25 methotrexate which I inject which I've been on for over 5 years .i have psoriatic arthritis
I feel tired all the time and am oversleeping. I find it extremely difficult to get out of the exhaustion and go with my day. Any suggestions? I'm to the point of going to the ER because I'm overly tired.
Hi there!! I am a 47yo male. I live in MA. I have barrets and of course GERD. I tried Gaviscon because heard so much about it. Then I wake up at 2am with this amazing piercing headache in my left temple. I also take omeprazole. I had to eat food to take ibuprofen for the headache. I can't lay ...