A study for a 61 year old man who takes Medrol - from FDA reports
3,177 males aged 61 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 61 year old male patient who has Ipf. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 03, 2017
3,177 males aged 61 (±5) who take Medrol are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 61
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Ipf
- Drugs taken:
- Medrol (methylprednisolone)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Bladder Infection: 25 (0.79% of males aged 61 (±5) who take the drug)
- Red Face: 10 (0.31% of males aged 61 (±5) who take the drug)
- Prostatomegaly: 0 (0% of males aged 61 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Bladder Infection in Ipf: 2 (0.24% of males aged 61 (±5) who have Ipf)
- Prostatomegaly in Ipf: 1 (0.12% of males aged 61 (±5) who have Ipf)
- Red Face in Ipf: 5 (0.61% of males aged 61 (±5) who have Ipf)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Bladder Infection in Medrol: 25 (2.05% of males aged 61 (±5) who take Medrol)
- Bladder Infection in drugs with ingredients of Medrol: 55 (1.73% of males aged 61 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of methylprednisolone)
- Prostatomegaly in Medrol: 0 (0% of males aged 61 (±5) who take Medrol)
- Prostatomegaly in drugs with ingredients of Medrol: 2 (0.06% of males aged 61 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of methylprednisolone)
- Red Face in Medrol: 10 (0.82% of males aged 61 (±5) who take Medrol)
- Red Face in drugs with ingredients of Medrol: 22 (0.69% of males aged 61 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of methylprednisolone)
Most common side effects over time
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care (217 people, 6.83%)
- Kidney Transplant (186 people, 5.85%)
- High Blood Pressure (174 people, 5.48%)
- Pain (116 people, 3.65%)
- Liver Transplant (110 people, 3.46%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Mycophenolate Mofetil (300 people, 9.44%)
- Methotrexate (299 people, 9.41%)
- Cyclosporine (262 people, 8.25%)
- Prednisone (247 people, 7.77%)
- Prednisolone (243 people, 7.65%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Medrol has active ingredients of methylprednisolone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Medrol 14,596 users)
What are the conditions?
- Ipf can be treated by Prednisone, Azathioprine (latest reports from 24,897 Ipf patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Bladder infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 123,835 Bladder infection patients).
- Red face has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 71,439 Red face patients).
- Prostatomegaly (enlargement of the prostate) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, multiple myeloma, prostatomegaly (latest reports from 5,749 Prostatomegaly patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I have been on Divigel 0.5 mg daily for the past ten years and have no problems with the product. A few years ago I decided (without my doctor) to apply the gel every other day. The result was an UTI. My doctor told me I would need to be on Divigel for the rest of my life. The reason is if I ...
I'm 16 and a virgin so therefore I am not pregnant On september after my period I ended up at the ER due to vomiting and a Urinary Tract Infection and now I missed my period I was suppose to get it the 1st of this month on the second week I stained myself and it was blood and then the next day ...
I had been having some bleeding between periods 3 times prior (it was very little blood and it increased each time) and I thought it was from taking too much Tylenol for cramps and pains but I went to urgent care and was told I have a UTI (urinary tract infection). I believe the ciprofloxacin ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have constant uti and fibromyalgia and i haven't. had a bad flare up until now i just finished a round of macrobid and. still have the uti and still hurting from the fibromyalgia. I know i have to take the antibiotics and just hurt i guess. any opinions to help with the pain for fibromyalgia.
I was on Eliquis for 6 months. I got a bladder infection after I completed my medication. I bled and so much pain. I was on Cipro and Bactrim. It helped but after 14 days came back. Went to Urologist. He has ordered a Cystoscopy. I am 66.
I have an indiana pouch due to the face that my own bladder was so bad from IC. Now I am getting just as many infections and I don't know why. I am immunie to most antibiotics because I have taken so many since about 1994.
I'm on Prolia and I've had two bladders infections in 4 months. I don't like being on antibiotics all the time. Right now I'm taking Keflex for the latest infection. Does anyone have a solution to prevent the infections or a better way to treat them?
All the drs say it's not a side effect but the onset of my symptoms began about s month after the shot. I never had bladder infections before and now I live in constant pain hard to sit walk work etc.