A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Amoxicillin - from FDA reports
2,229 females aged 22 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 22 year old female patient who has Tonsillitis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
2,229 females aged 22 (±5) who take Amoxicillin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 22
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Tonsillitis
- Drugs taken:
- Amoxicillin (amoxicillin)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Muscle Pain: 49 (2.2% of females aged 22 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Muscle Pain in Tonsillitis: 2 (1.25% of females aged 22 (±5) who have Tonsillitis)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Muscle Pain in Amoxicillin: 49 (2.56% of females aged 22 (±5) who take Amoxicillin)
Most common side effects over time
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Birth Control (363 people, 16.29%)
- Pain (121 people, 5.43%)
- Depression (110 people, 4.93%)
- Oral Contraception (94 people, 4.22%)
- Asthma (91 people, 4.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Yasmin (384 people, 17.23%)
- Yaz (362 people, 16.24%)
- Ibuprofen (247 people, 11.08%)
- Azithromycin (131 people, 5.88%)
- Acetaminophen (129 people, 5.79%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Amoxicillin 39,679 users)
What are the conditions?
- Tonsillitis (inflammation of tonsil) can be treated by Amoxicillin, Penicillin-vk, Penicillin, Prednisone, Azithromycin (latest reports from 4,130 Tonsillitis patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Muscle pain has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis (latest reports from 117,254 Muscle pain patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
When I walk my dog my thighs get burning and icy stabbing pain beginning between one and four miles. This hasn't improved in six months of walking five miles each morning and one to two miles in the evening. is this from Pradaxa and what can I do about it?
I am a 71 year old female, I have been taking a statin for over 5 years and started taking biotin about a year ago. I have severe pain in my right thigh for over 3 months now. My doctor took me off the statin a week ago, pain hasn't gotten any better. I am still taking biotin. I will stop ...
Heavy legs, numb feet, better in AM and worsens during day and abates a bit in the evening. Was taking 500 mg daily, now 3x weakly, but tapering off a bit now because Hb and WBC less than optimal at present. Symptoms abating slightly on lower dosage. Also severe cramps in AM.
is there any connection between taking a diuretic and experiencing muscle pain? I've been on one for years and years, but my experience tells me that any drug can cause a reaction AT ANY TIME. Doesn't matter how long ( or short ) a person has been on a drug. Has anyone else gone thru this???
You may be interested in these reviews
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.
I was started on Xarelto 4 weeks ago and in the last two weeks I have noticed increase muscle pain! This is concerning because I already have fibromyalgia and I don't need something else to make me hurt even more!! For those of you that have been on it longer, did the muscle aches begin to ...
Hey all! I've recently started taking Amoxicillin for an ear infection. Today I was out in the sun for about 6 hours (with sunscreen) and was left with a bright red, extremely painful burn. The pain is almost unbearable, and I am unsure as to what I can do besides applying liberal amounts of ...