A study for a 27 year old man who takes Keppra - from FDA reports
1,814 males aged 27 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 27 year old male patient who has Seizures. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 07, 2017
1,814 males aged 27 (±5) who take Keppra are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 27
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Seizures
- Drugs taken:
- Keppra (levetiracetam)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Depression: 41 (2.26% of males aged 27 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Depression in Seizures: 5 (1.27% of males aged 27 (±5) who have Seizures)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Depression in Keppra: 41 (3.47% of males aged 27 (±5) who take Keppra)
- Depression in drugs with ingredients of Keppra: 48 (2.65% of males aged 27 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of levetiracetam)
Most common side effects over time
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Convulsion (231 people, 12.73%)
- Partial Seizures (59 people, 3.25%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (46 people, 2.54%)
- Pain (40 people, 2.21%)
- Status Epilepticus (36 people, 1.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lamictal (138 people, 7.61%)
- Vimpat (109 people, 6.01%)
- Tegretol (90 people, 4.96%)
- Dilantin (79 people, 4.36%)
- Depakote (79 people, 4.36%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Keppra has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Keppra 40,439 users)
What are the conditions?
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain) can be treated by Keppra, Lamictal, Topamax, Tegretol, Trileptal (latest reports from 35,806 Seizures patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Depression has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 392,552 Depression patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I have had epilepsy since i was a young child. i also have had to battle substance abuse disorder all of my life! i already know that certain drugs can aggravate epilepsy/ cause seizures- but does epilepsy CAUSE drug addiction? is drug addiction more prevalent in epileptics?
You may be interested in these reviews
Even my endocrinologist does not know why I am depressed on Victoria. This is some no joke depression and so bummed because this drug is amazing at keeping my sugars in total control. Has anyone found out medically why it causes depression?
4/27/17 first seizure..grand mal 5/5/17. Started keppra 500mg BID 5/10/17. MRI showed something on brain 5/22/17 4 partial seizures Keppra increased to 750mg BID 5/2317. 6 partial seizures 5/24/17 2 partial seizure... admitted to hospital told was a tumor over motor cord given 1500 mg ...
I have been on anti convulsants since the age oh 19. I am now 67 and have had issues with arthritis, fibromyalgia and what I believe movie gut be peripheral neuropathy for a long time. My quality of life has been significantly changed as a result.
My husband is taking Keppra to help with muscle cramping/spasms due to a spinal cord injury. He has most of the listed side effects such as, mood swings, depression, coordination, muscle weakness very depressed but he also has severe edema in his feet and now lower legs as well. Cant see where ...
Hello, my son is 6.5 years and on this growth hormone after a brain tumour and following cancer treatment. He's been taking the drug for a year now and he's become really badly behaved and is displaying signs of depression. Hoping for some help and advice please. Thanks