A study for a 4 year old boy who takes Melatonin - from FDA reports
333 males aged 4 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 4 year old male patient who has Autism. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 06, 2017
333 males aged 4 (±5) who take Melatonin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 4
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Autism
- Drugs taken:
- Melatonin (melatonin)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Dysphagia: 5 (1.5% of males aged 4 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dysphagia in Autism: 5 (1.65% of males aged 4 (±5) who have Autism)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dysphagia in Melatonin: 5 (1.53% of males aged 4 (±5) who take Melatonin)
- Dysphagia in drugs with ingredients of Melatonin: 5 (1.5% of males aged 4 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of melatonin)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- drug ineffective
- abnormal behavior
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (109 people, 32.73%)
- Epilepsy (22 people, 6.61%)
- Constipation (17 people, 5.11%)
- Mucopolysaccharidosis Ii (12 people, 3.60%)
- Poor Quality Sleep (11 people, 3.30%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Daytrana (46 people, 13.81%)
- Keppra (42 people, 12.61%)
- Onfi (25 people, 7.51%)
- Miralax (23 people, 6.91%)
- Depakote (23 people, 6.91%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Melatonin has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Melatonin 12,272 users)
What are the conditions?
- Autism (a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts) can be treated by Risperdal, Abilify, Risperidone, Invega, Guanfacine hydrochloride (latest reports from 3,623 Autism patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Dysphagia (condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, pain, depression (latest reports from 59,152 Dysphagia patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
You may be interested in these reviews
New to the group and have been going nuts trying to figure out why I had lost my sense of taste. A few months ago my pain management doc recommended it and it helps me get to sleep. I did a Google search on it and loss of taste, and boom! How long from when I stop taking it until my sense of ...
I am trying to find out information on using Saphris and Melatonin together. My daughter Carol has been on Saphris for only 8 days now. 5mgs. twices a day. For two nights it helped her sleep, but now she is pacing day and night. She needs help and I am hoping for a more natural help rather than ...
My lungs hurt and the cough is not fun. This has been happening for about 2 months now, shortly after I started taking melatonin on a regular bases. It is the only thing different I am taking. X-rays have been taken, I've been treated with antibiotics and Prednisones, no change. ENT is ruling ...