A study for a 57 year old man who takes Zide - from FDA reports
8,070 males aged 57 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 57 year old male patient who has Hypertension. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 03, 2017
8,070 males aged 57 (±5) who take Zide are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 57
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Hypertension
- Drugs taken:
- Zide (hydrochlorothiazide)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Stomachache: 119 (1.47% of males aged 57 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Stomachache in Hypertension: 450 (1.59% of males aged 57 (±5) who have Hypertension)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Stomachache in Zide: 119 (1.69% of males aged 57 (±5) who take Zide)
- Stomachache in drugs with ingredients of Zide: 129 (1.6% of males aged 57 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide)
Most common side effects over time
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (676 people, 8.38%)
- Diabetes (618 people, 7.66%)
- Pain (433 people, 5.37%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (362 people, 4.49%)
- Depression (323 people, 4.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lisinopril (1,225 people, 15.18%)
- Aspirin (866 people, 10.73%)
- Lipitor (675 people, 8.36%)
- Atenolol (612 people, 7.58%)
- Metformin (555 people, 6.88%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Zide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Zide 97,024 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol tartrate (latest reports from 541,323 Hypertension patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Stomachache (stomach pain) has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 137,907 Stomachache patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I have been taking Mirapex for about six years first 1 mg a day then 2 mg a day and again 1 mg a day For about three to four months now, I have a pain in my upper abdomen, just beneath the rib cage I also have irregular bowels, flatulence and feel tired My blood tests are normal, so ...
Hello, I've been prescribed Atarax, before that I had been taking baclofen for pain. I have anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, and have recently been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. I have good days and I have bad days. Today is not a good day, and I feel like I can insane just ...
A bad fall in 2006. Required pain management MRIS, numerous tests and a cervical and lumbar surgery in 2007 to correct. Two Rear end car accidents while I was at a stop light. One in 2011 and one in 2015. I already had spinal stenosis and degenerative disc desease genetically passed on. Problems ...
Developed symptoms of a severe allergic reaction within 2hrs after ingesting.the probiotics. Which lasted for 24hrs. and slowly decreased in intensity before causing me to develop worse symptoms weeks later.
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi, I just started taking Hydrochlorothiazide 10 days ago. As of last night I have a persistent stabbing stomach pain, sometimes it feels hot. Not much for an appetite. And feeling nauseous :/. What causes the stomach pain when on Hydrochlorothiazide ?
I just started Gilenya 5 days ago and have had stomach pain from day two on. Everyday so far. Has anyone found out why? I've never had problems with stomach pain before unless sick and rarely. It's concerning??