A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Elavil, Prednisone - from FDA reports
1,103 females aged 59 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 59 year old female patient who has Insomnia, Lung Transplant. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 20, 2017
1,103 females aged 59 (±5) who take Elavil, Prednisone are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 59
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Insomnia, Lung Transplant
- Drugs taken:
- Elavil (amitriptyline hydrochloride)
- Prednisone (prednisone)
eHealthMe real world results:
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:
- alanine aminotransferase increased
- kidney infection (pyelonephritis)
- aspartate aminotransferase increased
- psychiatric symptom
- lip haemorrhage
- altered state of consciousness
1 - 6 months:
- blood bilirubin increased
- cardiac failure congestive
- taste - impaired
- h1n1 influenza
- low tissue oxygen
- oral mucosal blistering
- breath odor
- blood alkaline phosphatase increased
6 - 12 months:
- abdominal abscess
1 - 2 years:
- weight decreased
- ulcerative colitis
- the flu
- weight increased
- skull fracture
- foaming at mouth
- type 2 diabetes
2 - 5 years:
- raynaud's phenomenon
- renal disorder
- aseptic necrosis
- systemic sclerosis (scleroderma)
- neck pain
- stress and anxiety
- gastroesophageal reflux disease
5 - 10 years:
- abdominal pain upper
- drug ineffective
- joint pain
- high blood pressure
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (165 people, 14.96%)
- High Blood Pressure (90 people, 8.16%)
- Stress And Anxiety (56 people, 5.08%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (49 people, 4.44%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (47 people, 4.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Methotrexate (269 people, 24.39%)
- Folic Acid (237 people, 21.49%)
- Enbrel (212 people, 19.22%)
- Lyrica (167 people, 15.14%)
- Humira (156 people, 14.14%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Elavil has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Elavil 15,225 users)
- Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Prednisone 254,075 users)
What are the conditions?
- Insomnia (sleeplessness) can be treated by Ambien, Trazodone hydrochloride, Lunesta, Melatonin, Zolpidem tartrate (latest reports from 230,042 Insomnia patients)
- Lung transplant can be treated by Prograf, Tacrolimus (latest reports from 3,119 Lung transplant patients)
Can you answer these questions?
I'm 57 and had a bad case of shingles 7/4/17 for 3 days before we were to leave for a family vacation I had been having pain in my lower right leg on the outside of it that worsened overtime to the point I wasn't going to go, but my husband convinced me to go. To make it short I had to be ...
Have been on ami since March started out at 5mg and worked up to 25mg. I also take clonzaepam, I have anxiety and they are trying to wean be off the clon using the ami. I have still some dizziness and at times wake up with burning n the upper arms. Is that the ami or anxiety.
My vision isn't the best to begin with but it seems like since I got on prednisone and lialda its gotten so much worse. Everything is so fuzzy. I cannot see anything. Should I consider switching medications?
You may be interested in these reviews
In April 2017, I developed blood clots in my left leg which was discovered after I had been diagnosed with multiple pulmonary embolisms. I was encouraged by my Rheumatologist to take prednisone to decrease the pain & imflammation I was experiencing from spinal stenosis last Oct. 2016. I had had ...
Hi I was already using garcinia Cambogia and was then diagnosed with an auto immune disease that required me to take 50mg to start of prednisone or go blind. I will be gradually tapering my dosage to 20mgs in the next two mths. I'don't stopped taking garcinia for two weeks and I look like a ...
Good morning, my brother who has myasthenia gravis takes Prednisone 40 mg (decreased from 60mg) has tried plasmapheresis, IVIG. 40 mg dose is keeping MG under control, however he is now suffering from fractures in his spine. Can someone please tell me how to help my brother ? What did you to to ...
HELLO MY NAME IS DIANE I HAVE BEEN ON PREDNISILONE FOR OVER 43 YRS TAKING IT EVERYDAY NONE STOP I DID NOT KNOW TILL RECENTLY THAT HAVING THE STERIODS LIKE THIS WOULD HAVE A GREAT IMPACT ON MY LIFE TODAY I STARTED BLACK COHOSH TO SEE IF IT WILL HELP ME WITH LOW MOOD IN MYSELF.....I WAS IN A ...