A study for a 70 year old woman who takes Mercaptopurine, Lialda, Probiotic - from FDA reports
81 females aged 70 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 70 year old female patient who has Crohns Disease, Crohns. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 18, 2017
81 females aged 70 (±5) who take Mercaptopurine, Lialda, Probiotic are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 70
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Crohns Disease, Crohns
- Drugs taken:
- Mercaptopurine (mercaptopurine)
- Lialda (mesalamine)
- Probiotic (bacillus coagulans)
eHealthMe real world results:
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:
- nausea and vomiting
- feeling abnormal
- mouth ulcers
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- weight decreased
- ulcerative colitis
- macular oedema
- injection site pain
- drug ineffective
- crohn's disease
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Crohn's Disease (46 people, 56.79%)
- Ulcerative Colitis (24 people, 29.63%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (13 people, 16.05%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (13 people, 16.05%)
- High Blood Pressure (12 people, 14.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira (35 people, 43.21%)
- Remicade (20 people, 24.69%)
- Nexium (12 people, 14.81%)
- Vitamin B12 (11 people, 13.58%)
- Prednisone (10 people, 12.35%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Mercaptopurine has active ingredients of mercaptopurine. It is often used in crohn's disease. (latest outcomes from Mercaptopurine 9,510 users)
- Lialda has active ingredients of mesalamine. It is often used in ulcerative colitis. (latest outcomes from Lialda 5,774 users)
- Probiotic has active ingredients of bacillus coagulans. It is often used in irritable bowel syndrome. (latest outcomes from Probiotic 7,532 users)
What are the conditions?
- Crohns disease can be treated by Humira, Remicade, Pentasa, Prednisone, Azathioprine (latest reports from 163,237 Crohns disease patients)
- Crohns can be treated by Humira, Remicade, Pentasa, Prednisone, Azathioprine (latest reports from 163,237 Crohns patients)
- Mercaptopurine and Lialda drug interaction
- Mercaptopurine and Probiotic drug interaction
- Lialda and Probiotic drug interaction
Can you answer these questions?
I have been using a good probiotic with digestive enzymes to help me with digestion and gas which seem to work fine- but now have terrible tinnitus in one ear- I also take a low dose anti depressive to sleep better called Seroquel- weening off that drug but tinnitus still bad- I guess I will ...
They recovered from Crohns and surgery, still had cfs chronic fatigue for years, and now are told they have symptoms of dry macular degeneration. Could wheat proteins ATI (amylase trypsin inhibitors) help with their ...
I have endometriosis and am getting Lupron Depot injections as suprressive therapy. My IBS has now turned into inflammatory bowel disease. I am in constant pain and vomit frequently. My third injection was on 6/20. I had to go to the ER on 6/21 for nonstop vomiting and severe abdominal pain. ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Have had high bp most of my adult life and take lisinopril. Have taken some "form" of mesalamine for over 20 years, but last year started Pentasa and my bp has really dropped w/diastolic in the 50's and 60's. Anyone else experience this w/Pentasa???
I'm here bc my uncle very recently was diagnosed w/prostate cancer & is sure that mercaptopurine is the culprit. He has Crohn's & his doctor told him to double his dose 2 years ago. I'm just looking for others who may have had a similar experience as I know this is troubling him a great deal & I ...
Hi All, My Name is David. I have been on entyvio since nov 1st 2016. I have had 5 infusions to date. Just after christmas I woke up screaming in the middle of the night as if i had been stabbed in the right rib cage. specifically four inches to the right of the tip of my sternum. as well as ...
I am trying to decide to keep taking or not, taking the full recommend dose of Pro-15 causes seizures, so I stopped for two weeks, and going to try half the amount, only one pill in the evening with a meal.