A study for a 21 year old woman who takes Trimethoprim - from FDA reports
160 females aged 21 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 21 year old female patient who has Uti. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 06, 2017
160 females aged 21 (±5) who take Trimethoprim are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 21
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Uti
- Drugs taken:
- Trimethoprim (trimethoprim)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Excessive Hunger: 0 (0% of females aged 21 (±5) who take the drug)
- Blood In The Vomit: 0 (0% of females aged 21 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Blood In The Vomit in Uti: 0 (0% of females aged 21 (±5) who have Uti)
- Excessive Hunger in Uti: 1 (0.1% of females aged 21 (±5) who have Uti)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Blood In The Vomit in Trimethoprim: 0 (0% of females aged 21 (±5) who take Trimethoprim)
- Blood In The Vomit in drugs with ingredients of Trimethoprim: 0 (0% of females aged 21 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of trimethoprim)
- Excessive Hunger in Trimethoprim: 0 (0% of females aged 21 (±5) who take Trimethoprim)
- Excessive Hunger in drugs with ingredients of Trimethoprim: 0 (0% of females aged 21 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of trimethoprim)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- heart palpitations
- color blindness acquired
- breathing difficulty
- oral mucosal blistering
- interstitial nephritis
1 - 6 months:
- gastric ulcer
- cytomegalovirus infection
6 - 12 months:
- abortion spontaneous
1 - 2 years:
- abortion spontaneous
2 - 5 years:
- abortion spontaneous
5 - 10 years:n/a
- abdominal pain
- porphyria acute
- confusional state
- urinary incontinence
- weight decreased
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Birth Control (16 people, 10.00%)
- Genital Herpes (7 people, 4.38%)
- Psychotic Disorder (6 people, 3.75%)
- Preventive Health Care (6 people, 3.75%)
- Premenstrual Syndrome (6 people, 3.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Diclofenac Sodium (28 people, 17.50%)
- Nitrofurantoin (14 people, 8.75%)
- Yasmin (12 people, 7.50%)
- Tramadol Hydrochloride (12 people, 7.50%)
- Acetaminophen (11 people, 6.88%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Trimethoprim has active ingredients of trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Trimethoprim 4,779 users)
What are the conditions?
- Uti (urinary tract infection) can be treated by Macrobid, Ciprofloxacin hydrochloride, Bactrim, Ciprofloxacin, Bactrim ds (latest reports from 123,835 Uti patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Excessive hunger has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 16,931 Excessive hunger patients).
- Blood in the vomit has been reported by people with muscle spasms, gastroesophageal reflux disease, interstitial cystitis (ic), systemic lupus erythematosus, high blood pressure (latest reports from 22 Blood in the vomit patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
My grandson is 12. He started taking depakote 4 months ago. He has been having blue bowels, all of a sudden, and vomiting, along with severe stomach cramps. Is this happening with anyone else? if so, what needs to be done?
My 6-year old daughter took Montelukast for 2.5 months, after that she was found with high sugar in urine (Plus 3). We are still waiting for the test results of FBS & HBA1C. She has clear symptoms of diabetes. Frequent urination, always hungry and thirsty, and she has rashes on her vagina ...
Hi, My son has autism with MR and has been on Risperdone for at least 10 years, but in the last 5 years I've noticed he has this intense hunger. In the last 2 years he has went from 230pds to 315 pds. I even changed his diet to more vegetables and lean meat, but he continues to gain and he gets ...
I just added the Black Cohosh to the above regimen 2 weeks ago. I'm afraid I will gain wieght. I'm ALWAYS struggling with my weight, I lost the 30 lbs. In 2014, that I had gained in 2013 from using Nueronton & Serequil (which never aided in minimising my depression, it increased both my ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I am 66 years old and have been taking trimethoprim for years as a daily preventive of bladder infection. I have decreased my dose and only take about 4 times a week. However, the last few months, I have noticed my hair getting thinner. Although, it has been getting thinner over the years, ...
Hi I started taking folic acid about two weeks ago but I stopped cause am not one who is consistent in taking medicine. Am someone who can go hours without eating. I am slim nd I also want to put on a lil weight. Ok. So I decided to start taking the folic acid again since I have been told its ...