A study for a 33 year old man who takes Minoxidil, Regular Insulin, Basaglar - from FDA reports
14 males aged 33 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 33 year old male patient who has Androgenetic Alopecia, Diabetes - Type 1. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 13, 2017
14 males aged 33 (±5) who take Minoxidil, Regular Insulin, Basaglar are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 33
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Androgenetic Alopecia, Diabetes - Type 1
- Drugs taken:
- Minoxidil (minoxidil)
- Regular Insulin (insulin pork)
- Basaglar (insulin glargine)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Diabetes - Type 1: 3 (21.43% of males aged 33 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Diabetes - Type 1 in Androgenetic Alopecia: 0 (0% of males aged 33 (±5) who have Androgenetic Alopecia)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Diabetes - Type 1 in Minoxidil: 5 (2.2% of males aged 33 (±5) who take Minoxidil)
- Diabetes - Type 1 in drugs with ingredients of Minoxidil: 5 (0.62% of males aged 33 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of minoxidil)
- Diabetes - Type 1 in Regular Insulin: 5 (7.69% of males aged 33 (±5) who take Regular Insulin)
- Diabetes - Type 1 in drugs with ingredients of Regular Insulin: 11 (3.18% of males aged 33 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of insulin pork)
- Diabetes - Type 1 in Basaglar: 0 (0% of males aged 33 (±5) who take Basaglar)
- Diabetes - Type 1 in drugs with ingredients of Basaglar: 0 (0% of males aged 33 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of insulin glargine)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:
- burning sensation
- skin irritation
- blood glucose decreased
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- transient ischaemic attack
- renal failure chronic
- diabetic neuropathy
- diabetic ketoacidosis
- retinal ischaemia
- kidney stones
- ards (acute respiratory distress syndrome)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Sleep Disorder (3 people, 21.43%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (2 people, 14.29%)
- Sepsis (1 person, 7.14%)
- Infection (1 person, 7.14%)
- Hyperglycemia (1 person, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Digoxin (4 people, 28.57%)
- Valium (3 people, 21.43%)
- Nexium (3 people, 21.43%)
- Elavil (3 people, 21.43%)
- Clonidine (3 people, 21.43%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Minoxidil has active ingredients of minoxidil. It is often used in hair loss. (latest outcomes from Minoxidil 4,933 users)
- Regular insulin has active ingredients of insulin pork. It is often used in type 1 diabetes. (latest outcomes from Regular insulin 2,725 users)
- Basaglar has active ingredients of insulin glargine. (latest outcomes from Basaglar 132 users)
What are the conditions?
- Androgenetic alopecia (common form of hair loss) can be treated by Finasteride, Minoxidil (latest reports from 2,571 Androgenetic alopecia patients)
- Diabetes - type 1 can be treated by Lantus, Humalog, Metformin hydrochloride, Novolog, Insulin (latest reports from 23,260 Diabetes - type 1 patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Diabetes - type 1 has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, sleep disorder (latest reports from 23,260 Diabetes - type 1 patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Minoxidil and Regular insulin drug interaction
- Minoxidil and Basaglar drug interaction
- Regular insulin and Basaglar drug interaction
Can you answer these questions?
I have been using this Hair Regrowth Treatment for about 8 years and have begun to realize that during the same 8 years I have had a dramatic increase in UTI's. I am reacting badly to all of the antibiotics designed to treat UTI's so I need to figure out what is causing them rather than trying ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I want off this drug! B.P. is high again after a month on minoxidil, goes higher if I skip a dose(197/105), can't sleep and when I do, awaken with strong tremor in arms and legs. Been taking oral minoxidil for 1 month. Anyone else experiencing this? I try to go back to sleep but restless legs ...
Hello everybody I take 5% rogaine for 5 months and from two months of use I had a tachycardia and I reduced to an application a day and I took some tablets of atenolol and from 4 Month I start to lose my hair my question is what my hair will grow back ?? Because I had good result with rogaine