A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Meropenem - from FDA reports
767 females aged 69 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 69 year old female patient who has Brain Abscess. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 04, 2017
767 females aged 69 (±5) who take Meropenem are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 69
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Brain Abscess
- Drugs taken:
- Meropenem (meropenem)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Diarrhea: 48 (6.26% of females aged 69 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Diarrhea in Brain Abscess: 0 (0% of females aged 69 (±5) who have Brain Abscess)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Diarrhea in Meropenem: 48 (7% of females aged 69 (±5) who take Meropenem)
- Diarrhea in drugs with ingredients of Meropenem: 55 (7.17% of females aged 69 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of meropenem)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- febrile neutropenia
1 - 6 months:
- erythema multiforme
- drug eruption
- blood lactic acid increased
- cardiac failure
- acute graft versus host disease
- multi-organ failure
- febrile neutropenia
- bone marrow failure
6 - 12 months:
- hepatic necrosis
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- septic shock
- febrile neutropenia
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care (86 people, 11.21%)
- Infection (62 people, 8.08%)
- Sepsis (57 people, 7.43%)
- High Blood Pressure (57 people, 7.43%)
- Pain (49 people, 6.39%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (66 people, 8.60%)
- Acetaminophen (62 people, 8.08%)
- Omeprazole (55 people, 7.17%)
- Prednisolone (52 people, 6.78%)
- Pantoprazole (48 people, 6.26%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Meropenem has active ingredients of meropenem. (latest outcomes from Meropenem 9,259 users)
What are the conditions?
- Brain abscess (latest reports from 1,467 Brain abscess patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, pain (latest reports from 302,006 Diarrhea patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I have been taking Creon for 5 months due to partial removal of my pancreas, my gall bladder and the my bile duct due to cancer. I also take a multivitamin, Vitamin D and calcium. I have loose stools daily (not sure if it qualifies for diarrhea), several times a day, meaning they are not ...
Hi, I have been having severe cramps for a couple weeks now. About a month ago I started having diarrhea, tmi I know, and then a couple weeks later I was constipated. I have been having irregular bleeding with clots and also discharge with a bit of odor. I have severe pressure when I have both ...
I had my first Prolia injection about 4 months ago and have had no side effects. However, I suddenly started having diarrhea about 10 days ago. It was quite severe at first, and I went to the Dr. No known cause was determined, but Prolia was mentioned as a possibility. After 4 months? Has ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been taking 900mg of Gabapentin every evening to relieve the severe burning in the soles of my feet for the last 3 months. Early on I experienced a change in bowel habits, from a lifelong battle with constipation to loose, regular, very odorous, somewhat painful movements. Has anyone ...
I was placed on Amlodipine Bestlate 5 mg. Only took for two days started feeling very weak, tired and have diarrhea everytime I eat. Anyone have side effects that quicky after starting this medication, if so how long did it take for symptoms to go away?
I have chronic diarrhea, my Dr gave me a script for contrave I took one this morning and have really bad diarrhea. I took more Imodium ( I take at least 2 daily) does not seem to be helping, any suggestions?
My husband has Parkinson and has been in the hospital recovering from double pneumonia. This has lasted almost 3 weeks. He continues to have abnormal loose stools. Before this bout his main problem was constipation. The doctor tried immodium to no avail