A study for a 58 year old woman who takes Simvastatin, Lopressor - from FDA reports
33 females aged 58 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 58 year old female patient who has High Blood Cholesterol, Mitral Valve Prolapse. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 15, 2017
33 females aged 58 (±5) who take Simvastatin, Lopressor are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 58
- Gender: female
- Conditions: High Blood Cholesterol, Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Drugs taken:
- Simvastatin (simvastatin)
- Lopressor (metoprolol fumarate)
eHealthMe real world results:
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- rectal haemorrhage
- chest pain
- nausea and vomiting
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (7 people, 21.21%)
- Stress And Anxiety (6 people, 18.18%)
- Pain (5 people, 15.15%)
- Cardiac Disorder (4 people, 12.12%)
- Muscle Spasms (3 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Plavix (9 people, 27.27%)
- Singulair (6 people, 18.18%)
- Vitamin D3 (5 people, 15.15%)
- Lasix (5 people, 15.15%)
- Humalog (5 people, 15.15%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Simvastatin 149,078 users)
- Lopressor has active ingredients of metoprolol fumarate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Lopressor 3,345 users)
What are the conditions?
- High blood cholesterol can be treated by Lipitor, Simvastatin, Crestor, Pravastatin sodium, Atorvastatin calcium (latest reports from 263,329 High blood cholesterol patients)
- Mitral valve prolapse (heart's mitral valve doesn't work well) can be treated by Atenolol, Toprol-xl, Metoprolol tartrate, Bystolic, Propranolol hydrochloride (latest reports from 4,096 Mitral valve prolapse patients)
Can you answer these questions?
I was put on simvastatin in June 2017. Aug 25 2017 I woke up with double vision. Had Ct scan, MRI w/contrast, ultrasound of corodid artery and several blood tests all came back fine stopped simvastatin but still have diplopia how long will it last. Saw ophthalmologist also.
I just started taking a Beta Blocker(Metoprolol 50mg daily) because of high blood pressure..I also take Methadone 30mg. Daily...I notice when I take the men's and drink lemon water with a table spoon of ACV w/ the mother I get dizzy to the point I want to fall down...Could it be the ACV with ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been experiencing breast pain and tenderness for a couple of years sporadically and it is really getting me down. I have previously sought treatment to rule out breast cancer Andy all tests have previously come back clear. I have been taking Simvastatin and a previous cholesterol drug ...
I have taken 80 mg. of Simvastatin since my open heart surgery in 2001. My rectal bleeding started 1 1/2 years ago when a Doctor prescribed Naproxen - that was followed by massive rectal hemorrhaging. My Doctor immediately stopped use of Naproxen, all aspirin and Simvastatin, and the bleeding ...
Hi everyone! So glad to have found this site! I am a mother of two (three actually but lost a 2 year old daughter due to AVM 3 years ago) and joining the support group with her condition before lead me to come out of my depression after losing her. I am looking forward to meet you all here in ...
Was on lovastatin and woke up one day with a speak delay. Had tests ran indicated that I didn't have a stroke or bleeding on the brain. Still am having trouble speaking. Does anyone know how long this will last?