A study for a 46 year old woman who takes Levothyroxine Sodium - from FDA reports
27,365 females aged 46 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 46 year old female patient who has Hypothyroid. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 11, 2017
27,365 females aged 46 (±5) who take Levothyroxine Sodium are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 46
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Hypothyroid
- Drugs taken:
- Levothyroxine Sodium (levothyroxine sodium)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Dysphagia: 99 (0.36% of females aged 46 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dysphagia in Hypothyroid: 63 (1.1% of females aged 46 (±5) who have Hypothyroid)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dysphagia in Levothyroxine Sodium: 99 (1.58% of females aged 46 (±5) who take Levothyroxine Sodium)
- Dysphagia in drugs with ingredients of Levothyroxine Sodium: 328 (1.2% of females aged 46 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of levothyroxine sodium)
Most common side effects over time
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (2,225 people, 8.13%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (2,007 people, 7.33%)
- Pain (1,505 people, 5.50%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (1,477 people, 5.40%)
- High Blood Pressure (1,374 people, 5.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira (2,049 people, 7.49%)
- Methotrexate (1,354 people, 4.95%)
- Cymbalta (1,281 people, 4.68%)
- Xanax (1,247 people, 4.56%)
- Nexium (1,204 people, 4.40%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Levothyroxine sodium has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Levothyroxine sodium 78,961 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hypothyroid can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine sodium, Levothyroxine thyroid, Levoxyl, Levothroid (latest reports from 85,732 Hypothyroid patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Dysphagia (condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, pain, depression (latest reports from 59,152 Dysphagia patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Has anyone tried coCQ10 with effexor. I am just so tired every day. I take fish oil b vitimans. I was in accident and now my body is so tight and in pain trying electode therapy. Have nausea trying to taper effexor any advice helpful
Is anyone on here who is taking Venlafaxine and levothyroxine? I've just learnt recently about Ven interacting with my levothyroxine may be the reason I'm still feeling so unwell. Plus I have no thyroid after having total thyroidectomy for Graves' disease 4 years ago.
I was prescribed pantoprazole recently and I started taking it along with levothyroxine 30 minutes before eating or taking anything else. I have noticed that I am very sleepy and can sleep for most of the day and not have enough. Is it possible that the pantoprazole has made the ...
You may be interested in these reviews
for years i took synthroid 100 and all was fine ' i started taking omeprazole prilocet and my thyroid test was bad 9.0 then i went on higher and higher synthroid im on 150 now and having all kinds of trouble i take my synthroid at 4 am and my priloset and 4 pm i think it is a 24 hour pill ...
I am a caregiver for my mother who has cirrhosis and I am really thinking the medications she takes, and when they were taken improperly has something to do with her cirrhosis. I look forward to learning from you all
I have quite bad numbness and tingling in my right hand thumb and 1st & 2nd fingers. The tenderness makes it uncomfortable to play piano so I wear gloves. This symptom came on as I was tapering off prednisone this winter . GCA and Polymyalgia Originally Diagnosed Sept 2015. I take 75mcg ...