A study for a 61 year old woman who takes Janumet - from FDA reports
1,259 females aged 61 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 61 year old female patient who has Diabetic Type 2. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 11, 2017
1,259 females aged 61 (±5) who take Janumet are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 61
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Diabetic Type 2
- Drugs taken:
- Janumet (metformin hydrochloride; sitagliptin phosphate)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Canker Sores: 0 (0% of females aged 61 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Canker Sores in Diabetic Type 2: 0 (0% of females aged 61 (±5) who have Diabetic Type 2)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Canker Sores in Janumet: 0 (0% of females aged 61 (±5) who take Janumet)
- Canker Sores in drugs with ingredients of Janumet: 0 (0% of females aged 61 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of metformin hydrochloride; sitagliptin phosphate)
Most common side effects over time
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (218 people, 17.32%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (138 people, 10.96%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (55 people, 4.37%)
- Depression (39 people, 3.10%)
- Hypothyroidism (38 people, 3.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Metformin (106 people, 8.42%)
- Lantus (92 people, 7.31%)
- Crestor (85 people, 6.75%)
- Synthroid (79 people, 6.27%)
- Januvia (77 people, 6.12%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Janumet has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride; sitagliptin phosphate. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Janumet 12,417 users)
What are the conditions?
- Diabetic type 2 can be treated by Metformin hydrochloride, Metformin, Januvia, Glipizide, Victoza (latest reports from 198,945 Diabetic type 2 patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Canker sores (painful, open sore in the mouth) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, breast cancer, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, hepatitis c (latest reports from 1,132 Canker sores patients).
Can you answer these questions?
I have been taking 20mg of prozac for about a month. I now have about 5 canker sores- 2 on each side of my mouth in the back and one on the inside of my bottom lip. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anyway to contract this side effect?
Has anyone that has been taking Zantac or the generic form of Zantac suffer from mouth ulcers or canker sores. I an almost constantly suffering from these and sometimes more than one at a time. I have changed my toothpaste and started taking Vitamin b-12 supplements to help but I still have ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I just got diagnosed with trigiminal neuralgia. I don't know if that is what it is for sure, but I was telling the doctor that when I have canker sores my facial pain is a hundred times worse. Does anyone else have that problem ? Thank you!!
Hi. My name is Christy. My husband has diabetes type 2 and was recently put on janumet. He is NOT the same person. He is usually VERY fun loving, positive, a family jokester and just never gets mad or blows up for minor things. I noticed his personality seemed so different a couple of days ...