A study for a 53 year old man who takes Seroquel - from FDA reports
7,679 males aged 53 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 53 year old male patient who has Bipolar. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 11, 2017
7,679 males aged 53 (±5) who take Seroquel are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 53
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Bipolar
- Drugs taken:
- Seroquel (quetiapine fumarate)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Rash Psoriaform: 0 (0% of males aged 53 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Rash Psoriaform in Bipolar: 0 (0% of males aged 53 (±5) who have Bipolar)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Rash Psoriaform in Seroquel: 0 (0% of males aged 53 (±5) who take Seroquel)
- Rash Psoriaform in drugs with ingredients of Seroquel: 0 (0% of males aged 53 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of quetiapine fumarate)
Most common side effects over time
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Sleep Disorder (693 people, 9.02%)
- Stress And Anxiety (692 people, 9.01%)
- Schizophrenia (686 people, 8.93%)
- High Blood Pressure (365 people, 4.75%)
- Pain (308 people, 4.01%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Risperdal (571 people, 7.44%)
- Zyprexa (558 people, 7.27%)
- Abilify (444 people, 5.78%)
- Depakote (426 people, 5.55%)
- Lisinopril (410 people, 5.34%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Seroquel has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Seroquel 94,575 users)
What are the conditions?
- Bipolar (mood disorder) can be treated by Lamictal, Lithium carbonate, Seroquel, Abilify, Lamotrigine (latest reports from 65,790 Bipolar patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Rash psoriaform (an itchy pink or red rash) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, quit smoking, narcolepsy (latest reports from 147 Rash psoriaform patients).
Can you answer these questions?
I have been taking Seroquel for the past one month. I realised my ears are pain ever since I started taking this medicine. Is it due to the body adjustment or will this problem prolong? Shall I continue taking. I have sleeping problem and doctor advised me to take Seroquel.
I have been on seroquel for years. Since I've been taking it, I've had enlarged breasts, breast pain, small amounts of lactation and missed periods. I know this affects fertility. I want to get pregnant. Is it possible to take seroquel and get pregnant even while having these side effects?
A bad fall in 2006. Required pain management MRIS, numerous tests and a cervical and lumbar surgery in 2007 to correct. Two Rear end car accidents while I was at a stop light. One in 2011 and one in 2015. I already had spinal stenosis and degenerative disc desease genetically passed on. Problems ...
I take 375 mg of seroquel per day for 5 years now and have been having yellow mucus discharge for about a week now and it appears to be allergies as Allegra seems to help the most. Can Seroquel aggravate allergies? I am also a smoker so there is little doubt it could be a cause of smoking of ...
My Psychiotrist is prescribing Provigil for my above Symptoms along with the Medicines I already take. Will Provigil affect my Sleep with taking Seroquel which is the medication that helps Me the most for that? Any other side effects on the other Meds??
You may be interested in these reviews
Taking Quetiapine (Seroquel) 25mg nocte for 2 years, as adjunct to Venlafaxine (Efexor) 300mg per diem, treatment for major depressive disorder. Recently began experiencing personality change to angry, irritable, moody. Referring this to Consultant ASAP. Want to discontinue, but facing severe ...
I am on numerous meds for anxiety with agoraphobia and bipolar. I was also on narcotics for back issues for the last 17 years. I have recently been on a program to withdraw from the opiates. I have been off them now for 9 days. My problem is since being off the opiates, I have been having ...
I'm new to the group. I've been taking Serroquel for years and I've developed facial palsy my doctor is finally weaning me off of it and I'm hoping I'm wondering whether this facial paralysis will disappear gradually or if it's permanent. I'd like to hear comments from others experiencing the ...
Hi, I've been taking Seroquel for about 6 years for insomnia. I started with 200 mg and I used to take less or more from 50 to 200, depending on my insomnia. I suspect that I developed somehow a rhinitis problem, as I frequently have the symptom. I'm tapering the drug and I'm currently in 25 ...