A study for a 15 year old boy who takes Albuterol - from FDA reports
2,203 males aged 15 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 15 year old male patient who has Asthma. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 12, 2017
2,203 males aged 15 (±5) who take Albuterol are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 15
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Asthma
- Drugs taken:
- Albuterol (albuterol)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Wheezing: 41 (1.86% of males aged 15 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Wheezing in Asthma: 110 (4.31% of males aged 15 (±5) who have Asthma)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Wheezing in Albuterol: 41 (2.39% of males aged 15 (±5) who take Albuterol)
- Wheezing in drugs with ingredients of Albuterol: 61 (2.77% of males aged 15 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of albuterol)
Most common side effects over time
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Cystic Fibrosis (186 people, 8.44%)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (144 people, 6.54%)
- Crohn's Disease (73 people, 3.31%)
- Hypersensitivity (65 people, 2.95%)
- Acne (60 people, 2.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Singulair (454 people, 20.61%)
- Flovent (215 people, 9.76%)
- Pulmozyme (184 people, 8.35%)
- Advair Diskus 100/50 (160 people, 7.26%)
- Zyrtec (135 people, 6.13%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Albuterol has active ingredients of albuterol. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Albuterol 83,719 users)
What are the conditions?
- Asthma can be treated by Singulair, Symbicort, Advair diskus 250/50, Albuterol sulfate, Albuterol (latest reports from 138,428 Asthma patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath) has been reported by people with asthma, high blood pressure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, rheumatoid arthritis, pain (latest reports from 27,448 Wheezing patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I was given drugs for an exacerbation..of reactive.airway...WHICH...I have not had since 2008...all my drugs were old..I went to my primary care ..She prescribed all my respiratory care..I had..in 2008..except one...Albuterol..I was on xopenex.before and it worked perfectly..She indicated with ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi I've been on gabapentin since approx 2010. The last few months I developed wheezing and SOB. Initially my PMD just ordered an Albuterol inhaler. It seemed to help for a couple weeks then I noticed my symptoms actually became worse. I was started to wonder if there was an Allergan in our ...
I have no history of asthma. I am a 27 year old male. I weigh 163 lbs. It is now the third day I've been taking loratadine based medicine. I have begun wheezing so much that sleep has become impossible. I keep waking trying to hyperventilate.
I was just contacted today to advise me that my platelet count is 813 and potassium 6.0. I am leaving for New Mexico tomorrow and now totally stressed. I have an appointment with a Hematologist on 27th and told to stop googling by Dr.'s office. However, I have asthma and was on Advair and ...