A study for a 29 year old woman who takes Methotrexate - from FDA reports
6,433 females aged 29 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 29 year old female patient who has Lupus Vulgaris. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 12, 2017
6,433 females aged 29 (±5) who take Methotrexate are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 29
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Lupus Vulgaris
- Drugs taken:
- Methotrexate (methotrexate sodium)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Rectal Bleeding: 0 (0% of females aged 29 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Rectal Bleeding in Lupus Vulgaris: 0 (0% of females aged 29 (±5) who have Lupus Vulgaris)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Rectal Bleeding in Methotrexate: 0 (0% of females aged 29 (±5) who take Methotrexate)
- Rectal Bleeding in drugs with ingredients of Methotrexate: 0 (0% of females aged 29 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of methotrexate sodium)
Most common side effects over time
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (457 people, 7.10%)
- Crohn's Disease (366 people, 5.69%)
- Pain (277 people, 4.31%)
- Birth Control (210 people, 3.26%)
- Preventive Health Care (166 people, 2.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira (1,564 people, 24.31%)
- Enbrel (1,447 people, 22.49%)
- Folic Acid (1,179 people, 18.33%)
- Prednisone (720 people, 11.19%)
- Remicade (607 people, 9.44%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Methotrexate 234,877 users)
What are the conditions?
- Lupus vulgaris (a chronic inflammatory autoimmune disorder that may caused by the mycobacterium tuberculosis) (latest reports from 36 Lupus vulgaris patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Rectal bleeding (bleeding from rectum) has been reported by people with osteopetrosis, hiv infection cdc category a1, fluid retention, esophagitis, allergy to mold - dander - dust (latest reports from 3,189 Rectal bleeding patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Hi, I started on methotrexate approx 2mths ago to help with my rheumatoid condition Ankylosing Spondylitis. I also take Sulphasalazine and pre gabalin and have done since diagnosis 2.5yrs ago. Since starting in the methotrexate I have started to suffer with some unpleasant symptoms around ...
I started a low dose (10 mg) of methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritis last week and noticed this week, after taking my second does, that my face is breaking out. Does anyone have any similar experiences? I also take 5 mg of folic acid daily. Thanks for any help you can offer up.
Not sure what where to go with this. I have fibromyalgia and relapsing polchondritus also a disability from va.. I have my flares mostly under control. As well as what to do when they become apparent. After many years on pharmaceuticals I went a different direction. With medical marijauna. ...
Hi there, My names Adele I am 41 and have RA. I had my Gall Bladder removed in March of this year due to stones and constant infections. 2 years ago I stopped taking MTX subcutaneous and unfortunately my RA has progressed to a point I have (today) re-started these. I have headache, nausea and ...
Several years ago in 2013 I was"diagnosed" with RA. I went through every medication including, humira, embral, to now IV fusions of remicade which has been almost a year. I am not feeling any better and body aches and joint pains getting worse. I started researching my symptoms and lyme kept ...
You may be interested in these reviews
It's been years since I've taken Methotrexate and when I was taking it years ago I had the numbness in my feet. Years later, it has returned and they're not sure what is the reason for my neuropathy. This time it's also in my hands. I took it for arthritis but now the military and the VA are ...
Hi everyone. I've been on methotrexate for about 10 years for psoriatic arthritis. My friends and family think it's funny how I'm always sweaty and hot when everyone else is comfortable or even cold. I, however, do not find it so funny that while sitting at a restaurant I start literally ...
Hi there, I have advanced RH, no medications for over past 12 years. Had an extreme flare up a few months back so went to rheumatologist who has prescribed 10 mg methotrexate, weekly and daily palquil, 5mg prednisone and 2x weekly folic acid. I have been on them nearly 3 months now. This ...