A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Sensipar - from FDA reports
3,390 females aged 62 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 62 year old female patient who has High Blood Pressure. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 12, 2017
3,390 females aged 62 (±5) who take Sensipar are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 62
- Gender: female
- Conditions: High Blood Pressure
- Drugs taken:
- Sensipar (cinacalcet hydrochloride)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Hypertension: 42 (1.24% of females aged 62 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hypertension in High Blood Pressure: 3,305 (8.22% of females aged 62 (±5) who have High Blood Pressure)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hypertension in Sensipar: 42 (1.31% of females aged 62 (±5) who take Sensipar)
- Hypertension in drugs with ingredients of Sensipar: 49 (1.45% of females aged 62 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of cinacalcet hydrochloride)
Most common side effects over time
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hyperparathyroidism (47 people, 1.39%)
- Hyperphosphataemia (38 people, 1.12%)
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging Brain (32 people, 0.94%)
- Renal Failure Chronic (31 people, 0.91%)
- Arteriogram (30 people, 0.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Renagel (150 people, 4.42%)
- Renvela (90 people, 2.65%)
- Coumadin (90 people, 2.65%)
- Phoslo (87 people, 2.57%)
- Aspirin (86 people, 2.54%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Sensipar has active ingredients of cinacalcet hydrochloride. It is often used in hyperparathyroidism secondary. (latest outcomes from Sensipar 30,633 users)
What are the conditions?
- High blood pressure can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol tartrate (latest reports from 541,112 High blood pressure patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression (latest reports from 541,112 Hypertension patients).
Can you answer these questions?
My blood pressure always used to be on the lower side. I am taking Methadone 7.5mg daily(2.5mg 3 times daily) for chronic pain. Ever since I am on 2.5mg Methdone tablets every 8 hours since nine months, my blood pressure has become very uncontrollable i.e. has been on the higher side.
I've had Wegeners since 2003--13 years--and have used imuran for 11. I have neuropathy, bone spurs, and arthritis in my feet that are so painful, at times I feel like I can't walk any more. My rheumatologist just brushed me off by saying he'd raise my imuran to 100 mg and if that didn't help ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hello everyone 😷! New Mexico Norm here . Found this site while on one of my internet explorations. Often thought I needed a way to vent, ask questions (other than a physician) and feel as though there may be a way to get some comfort from others experiences and maybe vice versa. We'll ...
Has anyone taken Diflucan that also has high blood pressure and are having really high increase in blood pressure. My is running in 170/ 111_ even after sleeping and woke up took it and the bottom number was 103. It's been about a week since I took the last Diflucan