A study for a 60 year old man who takes Colchicine - from FDA reports
806 males aged 60 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 60 year old male patient who has Gout. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 12, 2017
806 males aged 60 (±5) who take Colchicine are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 60
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Gout
- Drugs taken:
- Colchicine (colchicine)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Gout - Acute: 0 (0% of males aged 60 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Gout - Acute in Gout: 0 (0% of males aged 60 (±5) who have Gout)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Gout - Acute in Colchicine: 0 (0% of males aged 60 (±5) who take Colchicine)
- Gout - Acute in drugs with ingredients of Colchicine: 0 (0% of males aged 60 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of colchicine)
Most common side effects over time
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (109 people, 13.52%)
- Pain (75 people, 9.31%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (61 people, 7.57%)
- Diabetes (57 people, 7.07%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (53 people, 6.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Uloric (69 people, 8.56%)
- Lasix (67 people, 8.31%)
- Amlodipine (64 people, 7.94%)
- Metformin (59 people, 7.32%)
- Allopurinol (58 people, 7.20%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Colchicine has active ingredients of colchicine. It is often used in gout. (latest outcomes from Colchicine 4,041 users)
What are the conditions?
- Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) can be treated by Allopurinol, Indomethacin, Uloric, Colcrys, Indocin (latest reports from 25,554 Gout patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Gout - acute (rapid uric acid crystals building up in body) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, acute gouty arthritis, stress and anxiety, blood cholesterol decreased (latest reports from 207 Gout - acute patients).
Can you answer these questions?
I am36 years old woman whi have recently been diagnosed with FMF after a series of attacks and hospital stays and unnecesary operations. Am trying to get ad much info as i can with recommended doctors
Hi, So recently out of the blue on a weekday morning off work, sitting on a chair, i started to experience seriouse pain in my ankle, i did not put much thought into it as i thought it will fade away shortly and it was probably my sitting position that caused the pain. But i was wrong, the pain ...
It's odd. The type of chapped lips from the cold are different from the chapped lips associated with my gout. The main difference is that I still have feeling across my lips; whereas, the chapped lips associated with weather and cold can leave my lips without feeling. This is something I ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I had been taking colchicine twice a day for two months to treat pericarditis from aortic valve replacement. While on it, I started noticing my hair getting thinner. Now that I have been off the medicine for about three weeks, my hairloss is worse. Will it stop?? It is scaring me. Any feedback ...
I have been taking euro colchicine for almost three months for vasculitis, have started to gain weight and am wondering if it is because of this medication - 10 pounds in three months - it is frustrating. I am 65.