A study for a 27 year old woman who takes Lamictal, Fluoxetine - from FDA reports
228 females aged 27 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 27 year old female patient who has Bipolar 2, Panic Attacks. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 12, 2017
228 females aged 27 (±5) who take Lamictal, Fluoxetine are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 27
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Bipolar 2, Panic Attacks
- Drugs taken:
- Lamictal (lamotrigine)
- Fluoxetine (fluoxetine hydrochloride)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Muscle Tightness: 0 (0% of females aged 27 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Food Craving: 0 (0% of females aged 27 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Food Craving in Bipolar 2: 0 (0% of females aged 27 (±5) who have Bipolar 2)
- Food Craving in Panic Attacks: 0 (0% of females aged 27 (±5) who have Panic Attacks)
- Muscle Tightness in Bipolar 2: 0 (0% of females aged 27 (±5) who have Bipolar 2)
- Muscle Tightness in Panic Attacks: 4 (0.48% of females aged 27 (±5) who have Panic Attacks)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Food Craving in Lamictal: 2 (0.04% of females aged 27 (±5) who take Lamictal)
- Food Craving in drugs with ingredients of Lamictal: 2 (0.03% of females aged 27 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of lamotrigine)
- Food Craving in Fluoxetine: 1 (0.04% of females aged 27 (±5) who take Fluoxetine)
- Food Craving in drugs with ingredients of Fluoxetine: 4 (0.07% of females aged 27 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride)
- Muscle Tightness in Lamictal: 4 (0.09% of females aged 27 (±5) who take Lamictal)
- Muscle Tightness in drugs with ingredients of Lamictal: 4 (0.06% of females aged 27 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of lamotrigine)
- Muscle Tightness in Fluoxetine: 2 (0.08% of females aged 27 (±5) who take Fluoxetine)
- Muscle Tightness in drugs with ingredients of Fluoxetine: 10 (0.19% of females aged 27 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride)
Most common drug interactions over time
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Birth Control (12 people, 5.26%)
- Affective Disorder (12 people, 5.26%)
- Sleep Disorder (11 people, 4.82%)
- Insomnia (9 people, 3.95%)
- Crohn's Disease (8 people, 3.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Abilify (34 people, 14.91%)
- Seroquel (31 people, 13.60%)
- Klonopin (26 people, 11.40%)
- Paracetamol (21 people, 9.21%)
- Wellbutrin (20 people, 8.77%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Lamictal 58,385 users)
- Fluoxetine has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Fluoxetine 47,965 users)
What are the conditions?
- Bipolar 2 (characterized by at least one episode of hypomania and at least one episode of major depression) can be treated by Lamictal, Lithium carbonate, Lamotrigine, Seroquel, Abilify (latest reports from 4,241 Bipolar 2 patients)
- Panic attacks can be treated by Xanax, Klonopin, Clonazepam, Zoloft, Ativan (latest reports from 38,002 Panic attacks patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Muscle tightness has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, muscle spasticity (latest reports from 10,150 Muscle tightness patients).
- Food craving has been reported by people with depression, type 2 diabetes, weight loss, bipolar disorder, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 2,215 Food craving patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
My 46 year old daughter has been taking theses meds in combination for a few months. We've had to put her in a long term facility because of the severe side effects. Will this be permanent? Her Doctors won't give us info because she is in no shape mentally to sign papers giving permission to share.
Hi, Im 55 years old and have been taking lamictal for 5 years plus at 300 mg per day dosage as a mood stabiliser. During the past two years or so I have developed progressive iron deficiency and a drop in haemoglobin to the point where it has now started affecting me. While my physician has ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I am recovering from breast cancer and have been taking fluoxetine for years and it has worked well for me, so they put me on tamoxifen and had to take me off and put me on anastrozole. I have very high anxiety and am very achy. Is this normal?
Hi. I'm 83 years old. have been taking Lamictal (250 mg/day) for about 6-7 years for peripheral neuropathy, both feet. Effectiveness is now minimal. Neurologist suggests I start taking Lyrica. He says I can wait 3 weeks (when I see him again) before titrating the lamictal down. anyone done ...
I am on lamictal 100 mg for bipolar. My appetite has increased and I've gained 7 pounds. I recently started taking adipex. When I mentioned this to my physiatrist she immediately told me to stop cause it would counteract with each other. Is anyone taking lamictal and adipex and if so, how's it ...
I have been taking Lamotrogine for many years now, along with Epilim Chrono, but have only recently developed a very intense feeling of thanatophobia. It seems counterintuitive, but it has become so bad that I have had suicidal thoughts, purely so that I don't have to live in a state of ...