A study for a 37 year old woman who takes Nexium - from FDA reports
5,139 females aged 37 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 37 year old female patient who has Pancreatitis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 12, 2017
5,139 females aged 37 (±5) who take Nexium are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 37
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Pancreatitis
- Drugs taken:
- Nexium (esomeprazole magnesium)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Pancreatitis: 61 (1.19% of females aged 37 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Pancreatitis in Nexium: 61 (1.28% of females aged 37 (±5) who take Nexium)
- Pancreatitis in drugs with ingredients of Nexium: 72 (1.4% of females aged 37 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium)
Most common side effects over time
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (459 people, 8.93%)
- Depression (429 people, 8.35%)
- Stress And Anxiety (330 people, 6.42%)
- Birth Control (306 people, 5.95%)
- Crohn's Disease (266 people, 5.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira (400 people, 7.78%)
- Xanax (349 people, 6.79%)
- Seroquel (309 people, 6.01%)
- Yasmin (308 people, 5.99%)
- Synthroid (301 people, 5.86%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Nexium has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Nexium 125,150 users)
What are the conditions?
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) can be treated by Creon (latest reports from 38,715 Pancreatitis patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, diabetes, pain, bipolar disorder (latest reports from 38,715 Pancreatitis patients).
Can you answer these questions?
Had an endoscopy today due to being anemic and 16 polyps were found in my stomach and removed. Size of the polyps were 10mm to 18mm. Have been on Nexium for 7 years for an ulcer. Has anyone had these size poplyps due to nexium?
I have taken Nexium for over 10 years due to a Hiatal Hernia. Can't fix it without surgery. Luckily I am not having any side effects from the drug. I just wonder why I can't seem to lose weight easily. I eat a ketogenic diet and should be losing a little weight. I'm at 120 but would like to be ...
I've been on Cymbalta for eight+ years. I've complained to doctors, recently and previously, about pain in my mid upper abdomen. I've had two ultrasounds, some sort of other test where I drank some liquid and they watched with some sort of ???, and now I'm scheduled for an endoscopy. I'm ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Thank you for who ever started this group...thought I was alone in my search for answers. Seeking those who have had successful outcomes after acute pancreatic episode...I am a women who lives a healthy lifestyle, and open to suggestions as to what works to prevent further ...
I am a senior female who started Aubagio and after one month developed pancreatitis and nerve pain. I also take the medication Ampyra, and have Multiple sclerosis. As a result of the pancreatitis I now taking Zenpep.
Need help with a issue, I have been on Omeprazole for several years, I was changed over to the generic due to insurance purposes, but recently I have been taking it and have experienced this HORRIBLE metallic taste in my mouth , any suggestions and will it go away?
I have been taking omeprazole for almost 6 years, in the last 3 years, I was changed to Esomeprazole and not had a problem at all , then just recently I have developed this AWFUL metallic taste, any ideas or information from others would be appreciated :)
I just realised that maybe my elevated triglyceride levels could have something to do with nexium. I have scleroderma and take 40mg X 2 daily and consider my diet healthy and am in the healthy weight range so much as concerned about why...