A study for a 46 year old woman who takes Medroxyprogesterone Acetate, Synthroid - from FDA reports
416 females aged 46 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 46 year old female patient who has Menorrhagia, Underactive Thyroid. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 12, 2017
416 females aged 46 (±5) who take Medroxyprogesterone Acetate, Synthroid are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 46
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Menorrhagia, Underactive Thyroid
- Drugs taken:
- Medroxyprogesterone Acetate (medroxyprogesterone acetate)
- Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Petechiae: 0 (0% of females aged 46 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Petechiae in Menorrhagia: 0 (0% of females aged 46 (±5) who have Menorrhagia)
- Petechiae in Underactive Thyroid: 4 (0.07% of females aged 46 (±5) who have Underactive Thyroid)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Petechiae in Medroxyprogesterone Acetate: 0 (0% of females aged 46 (±5) who take Medroxyprogesterone Acetate)
- Petechiae in drugs with ingredients of Medroxyprogesterone Acetate: 1 (0.02% of females aged 46 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of medroxyprogesterone acetate)
- Petechiae in Synthroid: 21 (0.15% of females aged 46 (±5) who take Synthroid)
- Petechiae in drugs with ingredients of Synthroid: 44 (0.16% of females aged 46 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of levothyroxine sodium)
Most common drug interactions over time
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (38 people, 9.13%)
- Depression (36 people, 8.65%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (22 people, 5.29%)
- Pain (21 people, 5.05%)
- Menopause (21 people, 5.05%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Premarin (157 people, 37.74%)
- Prempro (54 people, 12.98%)
- Zoloft (47 people, 11.30%)
- Neurontin (32 people, 7.69%)
- Estraderm (28 people, 6.73%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Medroxyprogesterone acetate has active ingredients of medroxyprogesterone acetate. It is often used in hormone replacement therapy. (latest outcomes from Medroxyprogesterone acetate 10,479 users)
- Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Synthroid 146,067 users)
What are the conditions?
- Menorrhagia (an abnormally heavy bleeding and prolonged menstrual period at regular intervals) can be treated by Mirena, Tranexamic acid, Provera, Progesterone, Depo-provera (latest reports from 26,335 Menorrhagia patients)
- Underactive thyroid can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine sodium, Levothyroxine thyroid, Levoxyl, Levothroid (latest reports from 83,135 Underactive thyroid patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Petechiae (a small red or purple spot caused by bleeding into the skin) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, atrial fibrillation/flutter, depression (latest reports from 8,773 Petechiae patients).
Can you answer these questions?
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
I have been using Rogaine for my hair on my head for a week and to a week and a half and I saw that I been getting tiny red spots. I have never had this tiny red spots. I have seboherric dermatitis since I was little , and I never experienced this until I a week to a week and a half after I ...
I've had 3 ablasions in 6 years and i can't take a chance of this garcinia if it will react with tikosyn. My blood pressure goes to 200/110 i need to lose weight. Hoping that this garcinia will help. I'm 40 pounds over weight. Thanks
You may be interested in these reviews
I have had prostate cancer since 2008 and use various Chinese herbs and CF IP6 & Inositol. Now I find out that I have hypothyroidism - and probably have had it for decades! I am taking levothyroxine .075mg. Internet re thyroid warns against green vegetables, etc, and internet re prostate ...
I have been on Synthroid for 4 yrs. and for a year have had extreme sweating, nothing eliviates it and insomnia, I take a ton of stuff just to fall asleep. I quit taking this morning and have not had any sweating,hoping the insomnia is gone as well. I am pretty tired of not being able to ...
I just got diagnosed with a hepatic cyst thru a CT scan, but the only physical evidence was an irregular chest x-ray where it was pushing up my right lung. 3 years ago my chest x-ray was normal & I didn't start taking Synthroid until 3 years ago. Could this length of time on synthroid produce a ...
Need your help. Its only been a week and my ophthalmologist said I should take Lanoprost eye drops for mild glaucoma age 62. I also take synthroid. Maybe the two medicines don't go together? Need advice. My eye pressure reading is 30. Not feeling that great. Thinking of stoping drops ...