A study for a 57 year old man who takes Losartan, Esomeprazole Sodium - from FDA reports
1 male aged 57 (±5) who takes the same drugs is studied. This is a personalized study for a 57 year old male patient who has Hypertension, Gastritis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 11, 2017
1 male aged 57 (±5) who takes Losartan, Esomeprazole Sodium is studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 57
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Hypertension, Gastritis
- Drugs taken:
- Losartan (losartan potassium)
- Esomeprazole Sodium (esomeprazole sodium)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Pyrosis: 0 (0% of males aged 57 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Gastritis: 0 (0% of males aged 57 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Gastritis in Hypertension: 108 (0.38% of males aged 57 (±5) who have Hypertension)
- Pyrosis in Hypertension: 231 (0.82% of males aged 57 (±5) who have Hypertension)
- Pyrosis in Gastritis: 9 (0.68% of males aged 57 (±5) who have Gastritis)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Gastritis in Losartan: 16 (0.4% of males aged 57 (±5) who take Losartan)
- Gastritis in drugs with ingredients of Losartan: 37 (0.57% of males aged 57 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of losartan potassium)
- Gastritis in Esomeprazole Sodium: 2 (2.27% of males aged 57 (±5) who take Esomeprazole Sodium)
- Gastritis in drugs with ingredients of Esomeprazole Sodium: 2 (2.17% of males aged 57 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of esomeprazole sodium)
- Pyrosis in Losartan: 46 (1.15% of males aged 57 (±5) who take Losartan)
- Pyrosis in drugs with ingredients of Losartan: 75 (1.15% of males aged 57 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of losartan potassium)
- Pyrosis in Esomeprazole Sodium: 1 (1.14% of males aged 57 (±5) who take Esomeprazole Sodium)
- Pyrosis in drugs with ingredients of Esomeprazole Sodium: 1 (1.09% of males aged 57 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of esomeprazole sodium)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- lung disorder
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Myfortic (1 person, 100.00%)
- Isoptin (1 person, 100.00%)
- Aranesp (1 person, 100.00%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Losartan has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Losartan 59,767 users)
- Esomeprazole sodium has active ingredients of esomeprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Esomeprazole sodium 1,006 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol tartrate (latest reports from 541,335 Hypertension patients)
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Pantoprazole (latest reports from 32,721 Gastritis patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Pyrosis (painful burning sensation in the chest caused by gastroesophageal reflux) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,259 Pyrosis patients).
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, osteoporosis, depression (latest reports from 32,721 Gastritis patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I have been on Losartan for appro three years. I have had dry eyes for three years, also. The last 6 months, it has gotten worse. I am currently under the care of an opthamologist. he has me on restasis, heat treatments, ointment at night and serum tears. Nothing seems to be helping. I ...
I got my labs back as I have been having pain under my rightvrib cage. I had my gallbladder out in 2006. My amylase was normal. My lipase was 707. The nurse called and said my results were ok. But when I received them online, this high number was there and showing as abnormal. I called the dr's ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hello everyone 😷! New Mexico Norm here . Found this site while on one of my internet explorations. Often thought I needed a way to vent, ask questions (other than a physician) and feel as though there may be a way to get some comfort from others experiences and maybe vice versa. We'll ...
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.