A study for a 29 year old man who takes Sulfasalazine, Folic Acid - from FDA reports
38 males aged 29 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 29 year old male patient who has Ulcerative Colitis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 11, 2017
38 males aged 29 (±5) who take Sulfasalazine, Folic Acid are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 29
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Ulcerative Colitis
- Drugs taken:
- Sulfasalazine (sulfasalazine)
- Folic Acid (folic acid)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Bruise: 0 (0% of males aged 29 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Low Platelet Count: 1 (2.63% of males aged 29 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Bruise in Ulcerative Colitis: 0 (0% of males aged 29 (±5) who have Ulcerative Colitis)
- Low Platelet Count in Ulcerative Colitis: 15 (0.68% of males aged 29 (±5) who have Ulcerative Colitis)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Bruise in Sulfasalazine: 0 (0% of males aged 29 (±5) who take Sulfasalazine)
- Bruise in drugs with ingredients of Sulfasalazine: 0 (0% of males aged 29 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of sulfasalazine)
- Bruise in Folic Acid: 0 (0% of males aged 29 (±5) who take Folic Acid)
- Bruise in drugs with ingredients of Folic Acid: 0 (0% of males aged 29 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of folic acid)
- Low Platelet Count in Sulfasalazine: 3 (0.76% of males aged 29 (±5) who take Sulfasalazine)
- Low Platelet Count in drugs with ingredients of Sulfasalazine: 6 (1.23% of males aged 29 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of sulfasalazine)
- Low Platelet Count in Folic Acid: 26 (2.79% of males aged 29 (±5) who take Folic Acid)
- Low Platelet Count in drugs with ingredients of Folic Acid: 28 (2.82% of males aged 29 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of folic acid)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- joint pain
- injection site pain
- aseptic necrosis
- pain in extremity
- weight increased
- high blood cholesterol
- lung disorder
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (4 people, 10.53%)
- Crohn's Disease (4 people, 10.53%)
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (3 people, 7.89%)
- Preventive Health Care (3 people, 7.89%)
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (3 people, 7.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Methotrexate (27 people, 71.05%)
- Prednisone (16 people, 42.11%)
- Humira (13 people, 34.21%)
- Remicade (10 people, 26.32%)
- Enbrel (6 people, 15.79%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Sulfasalazine has active ingredients of sulfasalazine. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Sulfasalazine 21,557 users)
- Folic acid has active ingredients of folic acid. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Folic acid 105,609 users)
What are the conditions?
- Ulcerative colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine) can be treated by Asacol, Remicade, Lialda, Prednisone, Azathioprine (latest reports from 54,716 Ulcerative colitis patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Bruise (an injury appearing as an area of discoloured skin on the body) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, hypothyroidism, sleep disorder, heart attack, atrial fibrillation/flutter (latest reports from 254 Bruise patients).
- Low platelet count has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, hepatitis c, preventive health care, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 144,868 Low platelet count patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Several years ago in 2013 I was"diagnosed" with RA. I went through every medication including, humira, embral, to now IV fusions of remicade which has been almost a year. I am not feeling any better and body aches and joint pains getting worse. I started researching my symptoms and lyme kept ...
I've lost 30 pounds since I started taking sulfasalazine 4 months ago. I stopped the med last week but I haven't gained any weight back yet. I actually lost a few more pounds since I stopped taking it. I am very underweight now. Has anyone had this happen to them, and how long did it take to ...
I am in pain everyday! My life sucks! I just want to know how to get some relief! Most days I don't want to get out of bed! My feet and legs hurt the most on me but lately my hands are starting to hurt! On my right foot I have a lump on the bottom of my foot, I have bunions(big) on both feet, ...
I've had RA for 26 years. I was on Methotrexate for 24 of those years. I've tried Xeljanz for a month. Made me weak, nauseous, major headaches etc. Tried Enbrel, results not good. Humira, results were no effect or side effects, can't afford. However it seems Zyrtec seems to help my allergies and ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi My mother had colonscopy last month ..and had this medication for a week as her doctor suspected she had chron but she was fine ...3 weeks later she has very liw platlets count and her count was Zero she 's still in hospital ...any information about something like that?? Thank you
Hi I started taking folic acid about two weeks ago but I stopped cause am not one who is consistent in taking medicine. Am someone who can go hours without eating. I am slim nd I also want to put on a lil weight. Ok. So I decided to start taking the folic acid again since I have been told its ...
I am joining this group as I am worried that my daughter is suffering from some kind of psychosis or paranoia, she started taking sulphasalazine shortly after the birth of her daughter 2 years ago. I have come across a few things online about this drug and psychosis so need to know more . Thank ...
Hi my name is Jan and i am 60 yrs old i have been taking folic acid for folate deficiency and they are given me the most terrible stomach cramps sometimes i cant get out of bed they are so bad!does any one else have any problems it would be good to hear from you,i also take diazepam for my ...