A study for a 61 year old man who takes Lumigan, Pentoxifylline, Santyl, Combigan - from FDA reports
58 males aged 61 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 61 year old male patient who has Ulcer, Glaucoma. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 11, 2017
58 males aged 61 (±5) who take Lumigan, Pentoxifylline, Santyl, Combigan are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 61
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Ulcer, Glaucoma
- Drugs taken:
- Lumigan (bimatoprost)
- Pentoxifylline (pentoxifylline)
- Santyl (collagenase)
- Combigan (brimonidine tartrate; timolol maleate)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Thrombocytopenia: 1 (1.72% of males aged 61 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Thrombocytopenia in Glaucoma: 7 (0.57% of males aged 61 (±5) who have Glaucoma)
- Thrombocytopenia in Ulcer: 64 (5.22% of males aged 61 (±5) who have Ulcer)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Thrombocytopenia in Lumigan: 4 (0.93% of males aged 61 (±5) who take Lumigan)
- Thrombocytopenia in drugs with ingredients of Lumigan: 4 (0.84% of males aged 61 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of bimatoprost)
- Thrombocytopenia in Pentoxifylline: 26 (6.39% of males aged 61 (±5) who take Pentoxifylline)
- Thrombocytopenia in drugs with ingredients of Pentoxifylline: 48 (6.45% of males aged 61 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of pentoxifylline)
- Thrombocytopenia in Santyl: 1 (3.33% of males aged 61 (±5) who take Santyl)
- Thrombocytopenia in drugs with ingredients of Santyl: 6 (10.71% of males aged 61 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of collagenase)
- Thrombocytopenia in Combigan: 9 (4.25% of males aged 61 (±5) who take Combigan)
- Thrombocytopenia in drugs with ingredients of Combigan: 9 (4.17% of males aged 61 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of brimonidine tartrate; timolol maleate)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:
- vision blurred
1 - 6 months:
- eye pain
- ocular hyperaemia
- dry eyes
6 - 12 months:
- eye disorder
- therapeutic response decreased
- intraocular pressure increased
- cardiac disorder
- ocular hyperaemia
- visual impairment
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:
- lacrimation increased
- eye irritation
5 - 10 years:n/a
- small intestinal obstruction
- ocular hyperaemia
- necrotising scleritis
- intraocular pressure increased
- visual acuity reduced
- weight decreased
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (8 people, 13.79%)
- Intraocular Pressure Increased (7 people, 12.07%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (5 people, 8.62%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (5 people, 8.62%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (3 people, 5.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Nexium (8 people, 13.79%)
- Revlimid (7 people, 12.07%)
- Lisinopril (7 people, 12.07%)
- Zometa (6 people, 10.34%)
- Crestor (6 people, 10.34%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Lumigan has active ingredients of bimatoprost. It is often used in glaucoma. (latest outcomes from Lumigan 8,304 users)
- Pentoxifylline has active ingredients of pentoxifylline. (latest outcomes from Pentoxifylline 3,111 users)
- Santyl has active ingredients of collagenase. (latest outcomes from Santyl 439 users)
- Combigan has active ingredients of brimonidine tartrate; timolol maleate. It is often used in glaucoma. (latest outcomes from Combigan 3,543 users)
What are the conditions?
- Ulcer can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Protonix, Prilosec, Allopurinol (latest reports from 46,913 Ulcer patients)
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss) can be treated by Xalatan, Lumigan, Timolol maleate, Latanoprost, Travatan z (latest reports from 32,176 Glaucoma patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, preventive health care, pain (latest reports from 144,868 Thrombocytopenia patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Lumigan and Pentoxifylline drug interaction
- Lumigan and Santyl drug interaction
- Lumigan and Combigan drug interaction
- Pentoxifylline and Santyl drug interaction
- Pentoxifylline and Combigan drug interaction
- Santyl and Combigan drug interaction
Can you answer these questions?
Hi I have been using #Lumigan for about 5 years now for eyelash growth. I only put it on the base of the lashes and it does not seep into my eyes. Can this cause the glands to dry or block - I have the condition blepharitis. Thank you
What is the best remedy for Combigan Rash? I have been on this eye drop for several years and have a rash just under the eyes. My Doctor has advised a skin cream to ease the condition, however this has not been successful. Mel Sitzberger
Had cataract surgery in April. Have used a number of eye drops including Combigan. Finally Googled to see if eye drops might be the cause. Have been to ENT, Oral Specialist, and Neurologist. Have even had brain MRI. No one ever suggested eye drops. Will be discussing this with my Opthalmologist ...
My Doctor told me I have low vitamin D and he also has me on Crestor 5 mg once a day, also knows I take ibuprofen for pain. Also low Vitamin B history. Blood work just done had platelets 134 then repeat came in at 100. Said I need to see hematologist for low platelets. Never said to stop ...
I had a trabeculectomy and cataract removal 15 years ago. A few years ago, a retinal specialist informed me that I had a wrinkled retina due to spike in pressure in my left eye after my surgery. This year my pressure began to drop in my left eye - from 10 to 8 to 4 and now it's back to 6. My ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I am a 17 year old male with NF1. I have an optic glioma that limits my field of vision in my left eye and leaves my right eye with only light and dark. I have had chemo and radiation to treat my glioma when I was 6 and 12 when the tumor grew. I also have allergies and asthma. My ITP ...
Surprised to just find out today that having taken Prodaxa for a numbe of years my platelet count has continued to decrease. I am concerned about the MDS that is associated with the symptoms. Any suggestions appreciated
Since starting Lumigan 3 months ago, I have diffuse hair loss. I have lost half my hair. I have a particularly itchy scalp on the top of my head and now and again have stabbing pain there. Is this coincidental or has someone had the same reaction.