A study for a 53 year old man who takes Valtrex, Keflex - from FDA reports
16 males aged 53 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 53 year old male patient who has Cold Sore, Face Oedema. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 11, 2017
16 males aged 53 (±5) who take Valtrex, Keflex are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 53
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Cold Sore, Face Oedema
- Drugs taken:
- Valtrex (valacyclovir hydrochloride)
- Keflex (cephalexin)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Ear Pain: 0 (0% of males aged 53 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Ear Pain in Cold Sore: 0 (0% of males aged 53 (±5) who have Cold Sore)
- Ear Pain in Face Oedema: 0 (0% of males aged 53 (±5) who have Face Oedema)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Ear Pain in Valtrex: 2 (0.17% of males aged 53 (±5) who take Valtrex)
- Ear Pain in drugs with ingredients of Valtrex: 3 (0.17% of males aged 53 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of valacyclovir hydrochloride)
- Ear Pain in Keflex: 6 (1.38% of males aged 53 (±5) who take Keflex)
- Ear Pain in drugs with ingredients of Keflex: 6 (0.57% of males aged 53 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of cephalexin)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:n/a
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:
- mental disorder
- stress and anxiety
5 - 10 years:n/a
- flank pain
- stress and anxiety
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (6 people, 37.50%)
- Preventive Health Care (4 people, 25.00%)
- Pain (3 people, 18.75%)
- Constipation (3 people, 18.75%)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (2 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Levaquin (5 people, 31.25%)
- Zometa (4 people, 25.00%)
- Velcade (4 people, 25.00%)
- Nexium (3 people, 18.75%)
- Cipro (3 people, 18.75%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Valtrex has active ingredients of valacyclovir hydrochloride. It is often used in genital herpes. (latest outcomes from Valtrex 23,984 users)
- Keflex has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Keflex 9,501 users)
What are the conditions?
- Cold sore (small blisters on the lip and outer edge of the mouth) can be treated by Valtrex, Acyclovir, L-lysine, Valacyclovir, Famvir (latest reports from 629 Cold sore patients)
- Face oedema (swelling of face) (latest reports from 21,098 Face oedema patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Ear pain has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 11,971 Ear pain patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
You may be interested in these reviews
I have end stage renal disease and was prescribed a dose of valtrex to fight a shingles/herpes outbreak. The dose prescribed was 1 gram 3x per day. I was only able to follow the prescription for 3.5 days as my kidney function caused the valtrex to build up in my system. I became psychotic and ...
I was just diagnosed with Trigeminal neuralgia. The doctor put me on a 7 day count of predisone and valacyclovir hcl 1(which I guess is Valtrex). Is it normal to get alittle bit of diarrhea and sleepy on these? I am only a mild case right now of this Trigeminal Neuralgia and want to go the right ...
I was wondering how many people experience ear pain due to taking Ambien. I have insomnia and have been taking it for 7 years. I also experience electric shocks in my head and neck. I heard this could be due to Ambien as well. Thankyou so much!!!! Suzie
I have an ongoing eye infection a Herpes type and as a result every now and again ?I have to take Valacyclovir. Before Christmas I was involved in a RTA and broke my leg. The upshot of that was a I now have a DVT in my right leg. The break has almost healed but I'm left with a rather ...