A study for a 44 year old woman who takes Ceftin - from FDA reports
329 females aged 44 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 44 year old female patient who has Sinus Infection. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 12, 2017
329 females aged 44 (±5) who take Ceftin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 44
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Sinus Infection
- Drugs taken:
- Ceftin (cefuroxime axetil)
eHealthMe real world results:
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- acute hepatic failure
- breathing difficulty
- throat irritation
- clostridium test positive
1 - 6 months:
- lip pain
- eye pruritus
- drug ineffective
- eye oedema
- nasal passage irritation
- face oedema
6 - 12 months:n/a
1 - 2 years:n/a
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- chest pain
- joint pain
- drug hypersensitivity
- stress and anxiety
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (19 people, 5.78%)
- Pain (14 people, 4.26%)
- High Blood Pressure (11 people, 3.34%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (8 people, 2.43%)
- Hiv Infection (7 people, 2.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prilosec (25 people, 7.60%)
- Levaquin (25 people, 7.60%)
- Zoloft (22 people, 6.69%)
- Vicodin (21 people, 6.38%)
- Paxil (21 people, 6.38%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Ceftin has active ingredients of cefuroxime axetil. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Ceftin 3,365 users)
What are the conditions?
- Sinus infection can be treated by Amoxicillin, Azithromycin, Levaquin, Augmentin '875', Avelox (latest reports from 70,799 Sinus infection patients)
Can you answer these questions?
88 year old male can't breath through nose.He just blows and blows his nose all time. I have him to wash nose with warm water to clean it out. But he still blows. It sounds dry to me He says it makes it hard to breath.
You may be interested in these reviews
I've taken seroquel (quietapine) for about 12 years now & I go through flonase nasal spray like 2 or 3 bottles per month for stuffy nose & breathing problems while sleeping. I've tried to quit but can't sleep when I try. Damned if I do & damned if I don't. I also take remeron about an hour ...
I'm new to this group. In January I first started taking Ceftin for prostatitis and within one week I had my first anxiety (panic?) attack. It was so severe I started sweating and decided to drive to the emergency room. I settled down in the parking lot and decided to go to work where I ...