What could cause Diarrhoea, Folate Deficiency for a 45-year old woman?
This is a personalized study of Colchicine, Naproxen, Co-codamol, Vitamin D drug interactions for a 45 year old female patient who has Behcet's Syndrome. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 94 female patients aged 45 (±5) who take the drugs and have drug interactions.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
On Mar, 2, 2014: 94 females aged 43 (±5) who reported to have interactions when taking Colchicine, Naproxen, Co-codamol, Vitamin D are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Behcet's Syndrome
- Colchicine (colchicine): used for 6 - 12 months
- Naproxen - 250MG (naproxen): used for 5 - 10 years
- Co-codamol (acetaminophen; codeine phosphate): used for 5 - 10 years
Drug interactions have: severe diarrhoea, severe folate deficiency
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
|Interaction||Number of reports |
among females aged 43 (±5) who take the drugs
|Folate Deficiency (lack of folic acid)||1 (1.06%)|
|Vitamin D||The drug has been added in the study. Outcomes of the drug mix are shown.|
(as an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Symptom||Number of reports |
among females aged 43 (±5) who have the condition, regardless of which drug is taken
|Diarrhoea in Behcet's Syndrome||10 (11.76%)|
|Folate Deficiency in Behcet's Syndrome||1 (1.18%)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Side effect||Number of reports |
among females aged 43 (±5) who take the drug
|Diarrhoea in Colchicine||2 (4.76%)|
|Diarrhoea in Naproxen||70 (3.20%)|
|Diarrhoea in Co-codamol||2 (5.00%)|
|Diarrhoea in Vitamin D||10 (1.92%)|
|Folate Deficiency in Colchicine||1 (2.38%)|
|Folate Deficiency in Naproxen||1 (0.05%)|
|Folate Deficiency in Co-codamol||1 (2.50%)|
|Folate Deficiency in Vitamin D||0 (0.00%)|
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 43 (±5) in the use of Colchicine, Naproxen, Co-codamol, Vitamin D:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||16|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||12|
|Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling)||10|
|Hypoxia (low oxygen conditions)||9|
|Headache (pain in head)||8|
|Cardiac Failure Congestive||7|
Most common interactions experienced by females aged 43 (±5) in long term use of Colchicine, Naproxen, Co-codamol, Vitamin D:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Blood Triglycerides Increased||2|
|Nephrotic Syndrome (kidney disease with proteinuria, hypoalbuminemia, and oedema)||1|
|Nephritis Interstitial (a kidney condition characterized by swelling in between the kidney tubules)||1|
|Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract)||1|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||1|
|Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (disorder that causes extreme fatigue)||1|
|Loss Of Employment||1|
|Tachycardia (a heart rate that exceeds the range of 100 beats/min)||1|
|Syncope Vasovagal (malfunction in the parts of the nervous system leads to consciousness with an inability to maintain postural tone)||1|
How effective are the drugs for females aged 43 (±5):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Related drug interaction studies:
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Colchicine for Behcet's Syndrome reported by 8 people (updated 2 days ago)
In-depth study of side effects (who have it, when it happens and how):
- Diarrhoea (Diarrhea) in Colchicine reported by 40 people (updated 1 week ago)
- Diarrhoea (Diarrhea) in Naproxen reported by 812 people (updated 4 days ago)
- Diarrhoea (Diarrhea) in Co-codamol reported by 5 people (updated 1 week ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Behcet's Syndrome (4 drugs in 15 reports) (updated 5 months ago)
Drugs associated with:
Conditions associated with:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
From this study (2 years ago):
Angiedema induced by drugs or some food( suddenly and never had it before)
i have systemic lupus and idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura.Also lower back pain ,tingling sensation below the knee in both legs.possible prolapsed disc
My speech has become unintelligible in the last 6 months
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Grape insect bites me on my legs and arms, i went to see a doctor and take medication , the numbness on my legs gone except one bite on my neck my throat fell tight and the base of my ton fell tired
NAPROXEN AND CYCLOBENZAPRINE WORK FOR NUMBNESS ON MY LEGS BUT FOR MY THROAT IT GETTING BETTER AT THE SAME TIME I TALK OR TALK LOUD VOICE AND STRESS I THROAT START TO FELL TIGHT AND THE BASE OF MY TONE START TO FELL TIRED BY JUST TALKING OR EATING FOOD. IF ANY DOCTORS HAVE ANY ADVISE PLEASE HELP.
- Can someone develope myasthenia gravis from botox injections for migraines if they also have fibromyalgia?
i have multiple auto immune issues and have had chronic migraines for many years. the doctor decided that botox was my last chance to help these headaches. i started having symptoms of myasthenia gravis after the second round of botox. my head became so hard to hold up and straight. swallowing probl ...
- Has anyone developed myastenia gravis after botox for migraines
I have many auto immune problems and severe migraines. the doctors have tried everything that my medications and allergies will allow. then we tried botox. by the second set of injections i was having trouble holding my head up and swallowing. he avoided the paraspinal area after that but continued ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Horrific nightmares taking naproxen
I've Taking naproxen 500mg twice a day for 3 weeks on a course for 6 months, I've been having horrific dreams worse than horrer movies, the most recent is involving my ex & current partner where I had a psychotic stalker (my ex) switched around because in the dream I dump my partner for my ex, well ...
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
- Pulse increase with tylenol w/ codeine/caffeine no. 3
Knee arthroscopic surgery at 2pm Took one tablet with food at 2am that night (next morning actually) before going to bed. Pulse increased to 88-92 after about 20-30 min (taken for 15 secs and multiplied)(taken a few times) Possible interaction with chocolate milk??? Next morning at 8am pul ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Naproxen, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride, Desogestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Rituxan, Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate for a patient with Nerve Pain, Inflammatory Pain, Ptsd, Contraception, Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (itp), Pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Naprosyn, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3 for a patient with Pain - Back, Migraine.
- A study of drug interactions between Valproic Acid, Effexor Xr, Seroquel, Gabapentin, Naproxen, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Furosemide, Perindopril Erbumine, Allopurinol, Metformin Hydrochloride, Lantus, Humalog, Victoza, Crestor for a patient with Bipolar 2, Pain In Limb, Pain In Extremity, High Blood Pressure, Gout, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Dysarthria (Speech impairment (adult))
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.