Inositol, Synthroid for a 42-year old woman
This is a personalized study for a 42 year old female patient who has Fibromyalgia, Hypothyroidism. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Inositol (latest outcomes from 82 users) has active ingredients of inositol. It is often used in preventive health care.
Synthroid (latest outcomes from 93,730 users) has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism.
What are the conditions
Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body) (latest reports from 92,334 patients) can be treated by Lyrica, Cymbalta, Savella, Gabapentin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Neurontin.
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) (latest reports from 129,604 patients) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Cytomel.
On Nov, 11, 2014: 1 female aged 40 (±5) who take Inositol, Synthroid is studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Fibromyalgia, Hypothyroidism
- Inositol (inositol): used for < 1 month
- Synthroid - 0.075MG (levothyroxine sodium): used for 1 - 2 years
eHealthMe real world results:
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Vitamin D Deficiency (softening of bones)||Vitamin D Deficiency (softening of bones)||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Subchorionic Haemorrhage (blood collects between the uterine wall and the chorionic membrane in pregnancy)||Subchorionic Haemorrhage (blood collects between the uterine wall and the chorionic membrane in pregnancy)|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Fibromyalgia
- support group for people who have Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who take Inositol
- support group for people who take Synthroid
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who have Fibromyalgia
Welcome Gigi and everyone! Anyone have any input on what makes living with Fibromyalgia more bearable?
- Support group for people who have Hypothyroidism
Has anyone seen the new guidelines published this year for treatment of Hypothyroid? http://thyroid.about.com/od/Levothyroxine/fl/Controversial-New-2014-Hypothyroidism-Guidelines-Published.htm Thoughts
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does synthroid use ever result in low creatinine levels in urine? i am on 75 mcg of synthroid and have a diluted test at probation. i am not overly hydrated and do not understand this urine screen.
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has Synthroid And Low Creatinine Levels In Urine, and takes Synthroid)
hello I have abnormally low creatinine levels in urine from taking 75 mcg of synthroid daily. Does anyone else have this problem?
- Is there a connection between narcolepsy and neurofibromatosis
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Rhuematoid Arthritis, Kypher Lumbar Scoliosis, Borderline Personality Disorder, Narcolepsy, Neurofibromatosis-1, and takes Promethazine Hydrochloride And Destromethorphan Hydrobromide, Ditropan, Gabapentin, Hiprex, Oxazepam, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium, Modafinil)
Hi ,My name is Pauline Newman I live in Adelaide,South Australia,I have NF1 & NF2,I am 5th generation carrier of the NF Gene,I have literally thousands of lumps,bumps & café au-lait marks all over my body.My question is are NF1 & 2,cause Narcolepsy or EDS, I have also recently had an MRI & ultra so ...
- What has been the overall treatment plan for people suffering from champix/chantix side effects?
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Nausea And Vomiting, Euphoric Mood, and takes Varenicline, Cymbalta, Micardis, Synthroid, Ciprofloxacin)
I took Champix for the full 12 weeks prescribed. While taking Champix I was happier than I've ever been, it was like a revelation, I had it all figured out and wanted everyone around me to be happy. I quit smoking on my quit date, no cravings, etc. That part worked. I had a couple episodes of ju ...
- What is the best time to take levothyroxine
(Asked by a 41 year old woman who has Thyroidectomy Total, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
I get very very cold. In fall I am putting on 4 tops and my fingers are freezing cold. I wonder if this has to do with having no thyroid (loss of the body's natural mechanism to regulate heat and cold). Also, I have that after lunch sleepiness so terribly. It takes more than an effort to stay awake. ...
- Why nothing i do stop my breath from smelling bad.
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has Thyroid Diseaser, Chronic Allrgy, HBP, Pre-diabetes, Depression, and takes Synthroid, Armour Thyroid, Metformin, Cymbalta)
I have been doing everything to find out what's causing is but I just can't find anyone in my area to help me. I've had and upper and lower GI, Sinus surgery. go to the perio every 3 month.. I don't know what else to do.. I also take shot for allery. I'm allergic to wheat, yeast, corn, dairy and soy ...
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Synthroid and breast enlargement
(Posted by a 61 year old woman who has Breast Swelling, Breast Enlargement, and takes Synthroid)
I have went from a B-C cup size to a D cup in the past 8-9 months.
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- I switched to armour ,it's not synthetic.
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Hashimotos Hypothroidism, and takes Synthroid)
I went off after 7 years on it when I discovered a link to a higher rate of lung cancer. I switched to Armour and it handled the hypothyroidism way better. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3765368/
- Not a great experience
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, Hashimotos Thyroidism, Prehypertension, and takes Armour Thyroid, Celebrex, Norvasc)
I was on norvasc for two months and had to go off because of severe swelling of feet and legs. Also rapid heart beat and very profuse sweating. it was horrible. It also raised my blood pressure. after going off BP dropped by @least 10 points both diastolic and systolic.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Synthroid for Hypothyroidism reported by 2,683 people (updated 5 hours ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Fibromyalgia (95 drugs in 2,771 reports) (updated 1 day ago)
- Hypothyroidism (30 drugs in 6,074 reports) (updated 5 hours ago)
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Viibryd, Sucralfate, Pantoprazole, Nifedipine, Plavix, Synthroid for a patient with Depression, Gerd, High Blood Pressure, Arterial Thrombosis Limb, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Ptsd
Comments: I have been diagnosed with Buerger's Disease.
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Bactrim, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Xl, Synthroid, Topamax, Prozac for a patient with Nausea, Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal, Neuropathic Pain, Migraine - Common, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Muscle Rigidity
Comments: Just started Prozac 4 weeks ago with no side effects. Became ill with UTI, doctor prescribed Bactrim & Phenergan. Within a day, I had severe muscle rigidity in my jaw, neck, shoulders & abdomen. It was not like a "leg cramp" and nothing I have ever experienced. I stopped taking the Prozac and th ...
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Lumigan for a patient with Thyroid Stimulating Hormone-producing Pituitary Tumour, Pressure Sore. The patient has Sleeping Sickness
Comments: Can hardly stay awake. Fall asleep after being awake from 2 hour naps within an hour. After running/walking on treadmill (difficult) at 2.5 mph for one half hour crawl back into bed and sleep! Not usual! Use only one drop in each eye per evening only. Sleep more than the cat! Wondered if I was h ...
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
Comments: Severe stabbing pain between shoulders slightly to the right. Only lasts upto a minute. Attacks infrequent. Tartar on teeth. Sweating and chill although usually very cold. Lethargic Difficult to maintain weight. Skips meals everyday - habitually only eat dinner in the evening and have done ...
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Arava for a patient with Blood Pressure, Lower Cholesterol, Thyroid Disorder, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hiv Test Positive
Comments: Also take Aspirin 81 mg daily
Common symptoms:Women of age 40-49 with Fibromyalgia:
- Pain (507 reports)
- Nausea (372 reports)
- Headache (338 reports)
- Weight increased (333 reports)
- Dizziness (258 reports)
- Stress and anxiety (257 reports)
- Depression (244 reports)
- Fatigue (244 reports)
- Insomnia (242 reports)
- Memory loss (238 reports)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.