Drug interactions between Amoxicillin and Benicar Hct
This is a real world study of Amoxicillin and Benicar Hct drug interactions. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 2 reports from FDA.
Do you have chronic disease and take multiple drugs? eHealthMe can monitor your drugs and notify you when there are serious drug reactions detected. Our original studies have been used on premier medical publications. The monitor will be personalized to your gender and age. Start now
What are the drugs
Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is used in infection, sinusitis, tooth abscess, strep throat, otitis, sore throat.
Benicar hct has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide; olmesartan medoxomil. It is used in high blood pressure, hypotension, essential hypertension, high blood cholesterol.
On May, 9, 2013: 2 people who reported to have interactions when taking Amoxicillin, Benicar Hct are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Amoxicillin (amoxicillin)
- Benicar Hct (hydrochlorothiazide; olmesartan medoxomil)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Amoxicillin, Benicar Hct:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|8||Breath Sounds Abnormal||1|
|9||Blood Creatinine Increased||1|
|10||Blood Urea Increased||1|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Amoxicillin, Benicar Hct:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease
- Neuropathy peripheral
- Sleep disorder
- Muscle disorder
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Selegiline hcl
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- get notified of updates of this study
- let eHealthMe monitor your drugs
- post a comment
- get our mobile app: never miss a symptom, compare it with patients like me in real time, and discuss it with doctors later
- still have questions? Check any related studies below
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Amoxicillin (amoxicillin) is often used to treat infection. Benicar Hct (hydrochlorothiazide; olmesartan medoxomil) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Amoxicillin is used in:
- Benicar hct is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Amoxicillin alternatives:
- Benicar hct alternatives:
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Amoxicillin, Benicar Hct for a patient with Acid Reflux, Infection, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Palpitations (Heart palpitations)
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Benicar, Albuterol Sulate, Zofran, Pulmicort-100, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Nitrofurantoin, Calcium, Fluticasone, Oxygen, Antibiotics, Benicar Hct, Reclast for a patient with Osteoporosis. The patient has White Blood Cell Count Increased, Wheezing, Pain In Extremity, Nausea, Muscular Weakness (Weakness), Leukocytosis, Kyphosis, Hyponatraemia (Hyponatremia), Goitre, Fatigue, Fall, Dyspnoea (Breathing difficulty), Dysphagia (Swallowing difficulty), Dehydration, Cough, Contusion (Head injury), Confusional State, Breath Sounds Abnormal, Blood Urea Increased, Blood Creatinine Increased, Balance Disorder, Arthralgia (Joint pain)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Which Hypercholesterolaemia drug is better for me?
- Which Diabetes mellitus drug is better for me?
- How effective is Mobic for Arthralgia?
- Which Arthralgia drug is better for me?
- How effective is Voltaren for Pain?
- Which Pain drug is better for me?
- Latest Ibuprofen outcomes in real world
- Could Pain cause Radial pulse abnormal?
- Latest Hydroxyzine outcomes in real world
- Could Back pain - low cause Radial pulse abnormal?