Review: Baclofen and Neurontin
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Baclofen and Neurontin. It is created by eHealthMe based on 4,157 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
How are my drugs for patients like me? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now, it's anonymous, simple & free >>>
On Apr, 5, 2014: 4,157 people who reported to have interactions when taking Baclofen, Neurontin are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Baclofen (baclofen)
- Neurontin (gabapentin)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Baclofen, Neurontin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||1,229|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||1,097|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||1,032|
|Headache (pain in head)||910|
|Multiple Sclerosis Relapse (reoccurrence of a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath)||754|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Baclofen, Neurontin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||20|
|Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body)||14|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscle spasms
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Baclofen (baclofen) is often used to treat muscle spasms. Neurontin (gabapentin) is often used to treat neuralgia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Baclofen is used in:
- Neurontin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Baclofen alternatives:
- Neurontin alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 weeks ago):
From this study (5 months ago):
From this study (5 months ago):
no muscle control keeps dropping things. sleeping about 22 hours a day. not eating or drinking very much. depressed. trouble breathing. speech problems.
Progressive bilat hearing loss r ear worse onset 1-1&1/2 year ms x5 years
Fell 1/2013 loc concussion tinnitus started sounds like " buzzing heat bugs" non stop could hear over my last mri drives me nuts told may never go away need hearing aids per ent& audiologist do not have $6,000 to buy them saw on internet will these do? Obviously i will research reputable generic brand but is this all ms messing w/ my auditory nerves & can hearing aids really help this is there someone else i should see besides pcp,neurologist,ent md, audiologist
None of these really know if it will work or not
Thanks for your time& help
When first diagnosed with multiple sclerosis I gained 60 pounds within 6 months time. I was always a thin person before this.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- I get shaky in the am after using the drug the night before
Does Gabapentin and Depakote have the same effect or does Gabapentin have a little less effect than Depakote where gabapentin makes you shake rather than not make you loose weight?
- Can high dose of neurontin cause skin rash on face?
Have been Taking 3000 mg Neurontin per day for migraine treatment for aprox 3 months and have recently developed unexplained rash on face.
- Why has my rls/plmd increased since i've been on ms contin, oxycodone, and higher dose of ropinerole? previously, i was on 40mg hydrocodone per day.
I have Fibromyalgia, Endometriosis, and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD) AND Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS). Recently, I went of of Hydrocodone, and started with MS Contin and Oxycodone. I also RAISED my Requip from .5 to 1mg.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Osteomyelitis the battle to neutralize a punishing disease
Collar bones feet and skull 47 times in hyperbaric chamber and two years oxygen cured it disease returned after cutting toe with axe during hurricane like locked horns with disease no winner yet have not found drug to neutralize the superbug its very punishing taking 100 herbal pills daily plus clon ...
- Addison's disease and gabapintin
a 100 mg gabapentin capsule has left me totally spaced out with blurred vision and disorientation for 3 days now. Never again do I want to go near one of those capsules. Dr. prescribed 100 mg. druggist filled 300 mg. I am sure thankful I doubled checked and got 100 mg instead. The 300 mg would h ...
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Femstat, Gabapentin, Furosemide, Ferrous Fumarate, Omeprazole, Acamprosate Calcium, Digoxin, Folic Acid, Baclofen, Valproate Sodium, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Heart Disease, Not Sure, Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome, Epilepsy Congenital. The patient has Speech Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Movement - Uncontrollable
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Baclofen, Neurontin, Rebif for a patient with MS. The patient has Hearing Loss, Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Allegra D 24 Hour, OxyContin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Coreg, Rebif, Baclofen, Neurontin, Keppra for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Allergies, Pain Management, High Blood Pressure, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Abnormal Weight Gain
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of , Trazodone Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Bentyl, Gralise for a 47-year old woman who has Costochondritis
- Comparions of Lexapro, Ativan, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin for a 37-year old woman who has Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper
- Comparions of Atripla, Gabapentin for a 32-year old man who has Nerve Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.