Review: taking Bactrim and Nystatin and Flagyl together
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Bactrim and Nystatin and Flagyl together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Bactrim and Nystatin and Flagyl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 166 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Bactrim and Nystatin and Flagyl >>>
On Mar, 30, 2015: 166 people who take Bactrim, Nystatin, Flagyl are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim)
- Nystatin (nystatin)
- Flagyl (metronidazole)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Depression||Sepsis Nos||n/a||Conjunctivitis Nos||n/a||n/a||n/a||Anxiety|
|Pleural Effusion||Pericardial Effusion||Brain Neoplasm Benign Nos||Pyrexia|
|Respiratory Depression||Multi-organ Failure||Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease||Pain|
|Angina Pectoris||Convulsions Nos||Pyelonephritis Acute Nos||Dyspnoea|
|Anxiety||Cardiac Tamponade||Anaemia Nos||Injury|
|Wound Dehiscence||Viral Infection Nos||Urinoma||Back Pain|
|Hepatic Enzyme Abnormal||Ascites Infection||Haematoma||Pain In Extremity|
|Somnolence||Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage||Gastroenteritis Viral||Arthralgia|
|Nephritic Syndrome||Drug Toxicity Nos||Renal Failure Acute||Fatigue|
|Spinal Compression Fracture||Pleural Effusion||Stenosis Of Vesicourethral Anastomosis||Nausea|
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Pain In Extremity||Vomiting|
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|Pyrexia||Immunosuppressant Drug Level Increased||Blood Creatinine Increased||Pericardial Effusion||Stillbirth||Anxiety||Anxiety||Vomiting|
|Oral Soft Tissue Disorder Nos||Sinus Tachycardia||Sepsis Nos||Tremor||Pyrexia||Pain||Nausea|
|Skin Ulcer Nos||Sepsis||Cardiac Tamponade||Breast Cancer||Nausea||Intervertebral Disc Protrusion||Pneumonia|
|Stevens Johnson Syndrome||Renal Mass||Viral Infection Nos||Blood Pressure Systolic Decreased||Arthralgia||Pain In Extremity||Sepsis|
|Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Nos||Blood Urea Increased||Cardiac Arrest||Sinus Tachycardia||Pain||Pyrexia||Malnutrition|
|Stridor||Vomiting Nos||Drug Toxicity Nos||Drug Exposure During Pregnancy||Osteonecrosis Of Jaw||Injury||Wound Dehiscence|
|Oedema Nos||Nausea||Supraventricular Tachycardia||Pyrexia||Dyspepsia||Oedema Peripheral||Hyponatraemia|
|Mucosal Haemorrhage Nos||Pneumatosis||Fatigue||Serum Sickness||Asthenia||Back Pain||Dyspnoea|
|Ascites||Pleural Effusion||Diarrhoea Nos||Renal Cell Carcinoma Stage Unspecified||Dysphagia||Micturition Urgency||Hypotension|
|Angioneurotic Oedema||Cholecystitis||Convulsions Nos||Sepsis||Dyspnoea||Urinary Tract Infection||Hypertension|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Bactrim and Nystatin and Flagyl?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Bactrim and Nystatin and Flagyl
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Bactrim Ds, Doxycycline Hyclate, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Tri-sprintec, Adderall 10, Adderall 20 for a 24-year old woman with Infection, Pain, Birth Control, Adhd. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Abdominal Cramps, Nausea, Hot Flush
- A study of side effects of Flagyl for a 40-year old woman with Vaginitis Bacterial. The patient has Hives
- A study of side effects of Bactrim for a 18-year old girl with Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Abdominal Pain Lower
- A study of drug interactions between Metronidazole, Azithromycin for a 27-year old woman with Bacterial Infection, Chlamydia. The patient has Mouth Dry Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 31-year old woman with Infection. The patient has Incontinence - Urinary
Related drug interaction studies:
Complete drug side effects:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.