Review: taking Bactrim and Nystatin and Flagyl together
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Bactrim and Nystatin and Flagyl together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Bactrim and Nystatin and Flagyl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 166 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
Bactrim has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from 29,495 Bactrim users) Nystatin has active ingredients of nystatin. It is often used in thrush. (latest outcomes from 9,099 Nystatin users) Flagyl has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial. (latest outcomes from 10,488 Flagyl users)
What are the drugs
Bactrim has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from 29,495 Bactrim users)
Nystatin has active ingredients of nystatin. It is often used in thrush. (latest outcomes from 9,099 Nystatin users)
Flagyl has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial. (latest outcomes from 10,488 Flagyl users)
On Feb, 27, 2015: 166 people who take Bactrim, Nystatin, Flagyl are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim)
- Nystatin (nystatin)
- Flagyl (metronidazole)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Depression||Sepsis Nos||n/a||Conjunctivitis Nos||n/a||n/a||n/a||Anxiety|
|Pleural Effusion||Pericardial Effusion||Brain Neoplasm Benign Nos||Pyrexia|
|Respiratory Depression||Multi-organ Failure||Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease||Pain|
|Angina Pectoris||Convulsions Nos||Pyelonephritis Acute Nos||Dyspnoea|
|Anxiety||Cardiac Tamponade||Anaemia Nos||Injury|
|Wound Dehiscence||Viral Infection Nos||Urinoma||Back Pain|
|Hepatic Enzyme Abnormal||Ascites Infection||Haematoma||Pain In Extremity|
|Somnolence||Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage||Gastroenteritis Viral||Arthralgia|
|Nephritic Syndrome||Drug Toxicity Nos||Renal Failure Acute||Fatigue|
|Spinal Compression Fracture||Pleural Effusion||Stenosis Of Vesicourethral Anastomosis||Nausea|
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Pain In Extremity||Vomiting|
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|Pyrexia||Immunosuppressant Drug Level Increased||Blood Creatinine Increased||Pericardial Effusion||Stillbirth||Anxiety||Anxiety||Vomiting|
|Oral Soft Tissue Disorder Nos||Sinus Tachycardia||Sepsis Nos||Tremor||Pyrexia||Pain||Nausea|
|Skin Ulcer Nos||Sepsis||Cardiac Tamponade||Breast Cancer||Nausea||Intervertebral Disc Protrusion||Pneumonia|
|Stevens Johnson Syndrome||Renal Mass||Viral Infection Nos||Blood Pressure Systolic Decreased||Arthralgia||Pain In Extremity||Sepsis|
|Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Nos||Blood Urea Increased||Cardiac Arrest||Sinus Tachycardia||Pain||Pyrexia||Malnutrition|
|Stridor||Vomiting Nos||Drug Toxicity Nos||Drug Exposure During Pregnancy||Osteonecrosis Of Jaw||Injury||Wound Dehiscence|
|Oedema Nos||Nausea||Supraventricular Tachycardia||Pyrexia||Dyspepsia||Oedema Peripheral||Hyponatraemia|
|Mucosal Haemorrhage Nos||Pneumatosis||Fatigue||Serum Sickness||Asthenia||Back Pain||Dyspnoea|
|Ascites||Pleural Effusion||Diarrhoea Nos||Renal Cell Carcinoma Stage Unspecified||Dysphagia||Micturition Urgency||Hypotension|
|Angioneurotic Oedema||Cholecystitis||Convulsions Nos||Sepsis||Dyspnoea||Urinary Tract Infection||Hypertension|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Bactrim and Nystatin and Flagyl?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Bactrim and Nystatin and Flagyl
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 17-year old boy with Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Persistent Cloaca (complex anorectal and genitourinary malformation)
- A study of drug interactions between Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Aleve, Lipitor, Terbinafine Hydrochloride, Bactrim DS, Tamsulosin for a 68-year old man with Insomnia, Prostate Seed Implant, High Blood Cholesterol, Toe Fungus, Post Prostate Surgery Syndrome, Urinary Tract Disorder. The patient has Weight Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Ambien, Bactrim, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methylprednisolone, Glipizide, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Carafate for a 77-year old man with Bone Marrow Aspiration, Insomnia, Uti, Pain, Inflammation, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Weakness, Hiccups
- A study of side effects of Septra Ds for a 39-year old woman with Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Hemorrhoidal Bleeding (bleeding piles)
- A study of side effects of Metronidazole for a 42-year old man with Dental Abscess. The patient has Swollen Glands (swelling of gland), Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Dizziness
Related drug interaction studies:
Complete drug side effects:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.