Review: Bactrim and Nystatin and Flagyl drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Bactrim and Nystatin and Flagyl. It is created by eHealthMe based on 165 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Bactrim (latest outcomes from 29,374 users) has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection.
Nystatin (latest outcomes from 8,769 users) has active ingredients of nystatin. It is often used in thrush.
Flagyl (latest outcomes from 10,449 users) has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial.
On Mar, 5, 2014: 165 people who reported to have interactions when taking Bactrim, Nystatin, Flagyl are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim)
- Nystatin (nystatin)
- Flagyl (metronidazole)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Bactrim, Nystatin, Flagyl:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||109|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||92|
|Pain In Extremity||47|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||44|
|Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling)||43|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Bactrim, Nystatin, Flagyl:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease (stomach contents (food or liquid) leak backwards from the stomach into the oesophagus)||1|
|Anaemia Nos (lack of blood)||1|
|Brain Neoplasm Benign Nos (non-cancerous tumour of brain)||1|
|Conjunctivitis Nos (pink eye)||1|
|Pyelonephritis Acute Nos (sudden inflammation of kidney caused by bacteria)||1|
How effective are the drugs:
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Related drug interaction studies:
Complete drug side effects:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 weeks ago):
From this study (3 years ago):
From this study (3 years ago):
Do not take all drugs listed at same time. Am on "pulse therapy" with antimacrobials. Do not take coq10 when on Mepron/malarone. Take Florastor probiotic 2x's a day to fight c.diff & other probiotics. Also take FiberSmart, DigestSmart, & slippery elm, marshmallow root for GI regularity. Drink at least 4 cups green tea daily. CDC confirmed lyme positive in 2010 (September), was bit in May of same year. Had psychiatric & cognitive dysfunction immediately following rash. Further testing show active infection in brain - neuro-lyme dx'd.
Jean on Apr, 16, 2011:
Well, it seems vitreous detachment is age related anyway. In general, in males and females in their fifties, vitreous detachment will first begin. To my knowledge, the fluid becomes thickened and pulls away from the retina. Maybe the money spent on this research would have better been put to use in cancer or diabetes research.
far on Jun, 24, 2011:
i dont think age is related to eye floaters or retina detachment, i seen very young people suffering from eye floaters,
Rebecca on Feb, 11, 2011:
I have used methadone 50mg for 2 plus years for chronic pain. Geodon was started 6 weeks ago. A drug interaction occurred and EKG given. It showed prolonged QT wave. Arrhythmia and low-level chest pain is present. Geodon was stopped cold-turkey and methadone is being rapidly removed 50mg to zero in 1 week. I feel completely awful like the worst flu ever and my brain feels depleted and can't think straight and more. A feeling of unease and unsettling feeling is present with a lot of anxiety and the pain is out of this world. I'm currently at 20mg of methadone and zero Geodon. I've honestly never feel as bad as this in my life and I don't know if I can make it through the weekend. Arrhythmia's feel often and more chest discomfort. Is this dangerous to my heart?? I do not know why I have to be through torment by my pain management doctor.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Is there drug interaction between bactrim and garcinia cambogia
Curious about garcinia cambogia interacting with any other drugs
- I have pouchitis.is there any cure for it.antibiotics do not help.is there any chance that imuran will help or something else?help please!
Since I was 16 years old I strugle with Ulcerative Colitis.Year and a half ago my colon was removed.So, now I have J-pouch and it seems that colon removement caused severe pouchitis.When I use antibiotics it seems that everything is good,but when i stop using them ,everything gets even worse. I ...
- Has anyone else acquired ecthyma as they were getting over henoch schonlein purpura?
My 11 year old daughter came down with Henoch Schonlein Purpura in September of 2013, following a sore throat. We thought maybe the throat is what caused the purpura, but she also had a black type of wound on her knee that could have very well been a spider bite, so we are not sure which of the two ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Flagl helped my depression
After taking Flagl for two weeks (Two per day) My depression vanished. It is now three months since I had a depression episode. Thank God for the doctor who prescribed it he saved my life. Thank you Flagl
- Too much sleep/sleeping past 12+ hours
Caused me to sleep and to the point where I slept 12+ hours and still didn't want to wake up
- Stevens johnson syndrome- flagyl for h.pylori
Diagnosed with h.pylori with positive blood work and breath-test. Started 7 day course of Amoxycillin and Flagyl . On day 7, developed symptoms- large red 2inch hives on legs, extreme frontal headache , pressure behind eyes, pink eye, pain in eyes, sore throat, very slight fever and body ache. L ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Cholestyramine, Alpha-Lipoic Acid Extract, CoQ-10, Malarone, Artemisia, Horse Chestnut, DHA, Enzyme Therapy, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Probiotics, Magnesium Oxide, N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine, Same, L-methylfolate, Albenza, Promethazine, Mepron, Stromectol, Flagyl, Bactrim, Doxycycline, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin, Tramadol, Klonopin, Vyvanse for a patient with Lyme, Lyme, Bartonellosis, Lyme Related Gi, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Parasitic Infection, Nausea And Vomiting, Babesiosis (co-infection Of Lyme), Parasitic Infection, Skin Atrophy Due To Late-stage Lyme, Neuroborreliosis, Depression - Diseased Induced, Pain, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition.
- A study of drug interactions between Flagyl, Bactrim Ds for a patient with Abdominal Infection, Uti. The patient has Gallbladder Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Nystatin, Geodon, Cymbalta, Bactrim, Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Oral Thrush, Depression - Chronic, Sinus Infection, Chronic. The patient has Stomach Pain (Abdominal pain), Bloating (Abdominal bloating), Visual Disturbance, Muscle Cramps
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.