Review: Benadryl and Clonazepam
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Benadryl and Clonazepam. It is created by eHealthMe based on 1,357 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
How are my drugs for patients like me? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now, it's anonymous, simple & free >>>
On Mar, 29, 2014: 1,357 people who reported to have interactions when taking Benadryl, Clonazepam are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride)
- Clonazepam (clonazepam)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Benadryl, Clonazepam:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||476|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||441|
|Headache (pain in head)||364|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||328|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Benadryl, Clonazepam:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Cholelithiasis (the presence or formation of gallstones in the gallbladder or bile ducts)||12|
|Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints)||8|
|Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder)||8|
|Pseudoporphyria (skin changes consistent with one of the porphyrias, but laboratory tests do not detect significant abnormalities)||6|
|Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating)||6|
|Heart Rate Increased||4|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Diphenhydramine hcl
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used to treat allergies. Clonazepam (clonazepam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Benadryl is used in:
- Clonazepam is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Benadryl alternatives:
- Clonazepam alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 days ago):
From this study (5 months ago):
From this study (5 months ago):
WANT TO FIND OUT IF THIS IS THE RESULT OF MEDICATION
I've lost 70 lbs in two years, 40 lbs. in the past year. I am having significant atrophy in my legs, specifically my right leg. As a 52 year old man, I cannot walk normally nor can I walk up stairs.
Left side facial nerve pain caused by enlarged cheekbone pressing on 5th cranial nerve. Trigeminal 2 added to diagnoses likely due to procedures performed to lessen 5th cranial nerve pain..
Recent diagnoses of pseudoporphyria. No auto immune testing done as of yet.
Constipation coinciding with porphyria. As well as severe anxiety.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Treatment for a dvt in person with lung cancer
Have contracted a large painful DVT in groin thru calf. Hospicis doctor will only administer Aspirin 325 mg. what I have researched does this not address dissolving clot. Hospicis doctor told me the tumor lung cancer was more likely to bleed with treatment to dissolve clot. She was negative and said ...
- Why has my rls/plmd increased since i've been on ms contin, oxycodone, and higher dose of ropinerole? previously, i was on 40mg hydrocodone per day.
I have Fibromyalgia, Endometriosis, and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD) AND Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS). Recently, I went of of Hydrocodone, and started with MS Contin and Oxycodone. I also RAISED my Requip from .5 to 1mg.
- Is glutathione and l carnitine safe to use when you have mitrwl valve prolapse and kidney stones?
I am 47 and in dire need of an effective weight loss supplement.Desperate to get a sound advice please.thank you!
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Zoloft & klonipin created a horrible psychosis
Causes psychosis, bipolar anxiety and seizures. Violence happens on all psychiatric drugs. Curing psychosis and deafness took the complete abandonment of psychiatry.
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Hyperthyroidism from tasking klonopin
Has anyone developed hyperthyroidism while being on a Klonopin? I've developed hyperthyroidism from taking Klonopin. I've always had problem w my thyroid due to Hasimoto's thyroid. It's an autoimmune disorder. I've been having problems w my weight since 2000. I was told in 2001 I had hyperthyroidism ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Lexapro, KLONOPIN for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Energy Increased, Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder. The patient has Lymphocyte Count Decreased, Neutrophil Count Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Terbinafine Hydrochloride, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Androgel, Lantus Solostar, Metformin, Viibryd, Effexor XR, Doxazosin Mesylate, Lipitor, Gabapentin for a patient with Nail Fungus, Sleep Assistor, Anxiety, Low Testerone, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Depression, Prostate Problems, High Cholesterol, Neuropathy. The patient has Muscle Atrophy
- A study of drug interactions between Clobetasol Propionate, Calcium Acetate, Lysine, B Complex Vitamin, Fish Oil, Melatonin, Benadryl, Naprosyn, Klonopin, Doxycycline Hyclate, Methadone Hydrochloride, Prilosec for a patient with Porphyria, Osteoporosis, Metabolism, Energy Preservation, Inflammation, Sleep Aid, Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Pain Management, Gerd. The patient has Pelvic Discomfort, Herniated Intervertebral Disk (Herniated nucleus pulposus (slipped disk)), Anxiety Disorder (Generalized anxiety disorder), Depression Suicidal, Pseudoporphyria, Arthritis, Trigeminal Nerve Injection, Facial Nerve Disorder
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Clonazepam, Lorazepam for a 57-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a 47-year old woman who has Sneezing And Runny Nose
- Comparions of Zyrtec Allergy, Benadryl for a 55-year old woman who has Throat Tightness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.