Review: taking Calcium and Macrobid together
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Calcium and Macrobid together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Calcium and Macrobid. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 68 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Calcium and Macrobid >>>
On Mar, 29, 2015: 68 people who take Calcium, Macrobid are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Calcium (calcium)
- Macrobid (nitrofurantoin; nitrofurantoin, macrocrystalline)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Urinary Tract Infection|
|Pain In Extremity|
|Speech Disorder Nec|
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Chest Pain||Mucosal Inflammation|
|Urinary Tract Infection||Small Intestinal Ulcer Haemorrhage|
|Musculoskeletal Pain||Tumour Lysis Syndrome|
|Pain In Extremity||Hepatosplenic T-cell Lymphoma|
|Speech Disorder Nec||Rectal Haemorrhage|
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|n/a||n/a||Renal Failure||n/a||n/a||Headache Nos||Pyrexia||Pyrexia|
|Shock||Abdominal Distension||Dyspnoea||Arthritis Infective|
|Rectal Haemorrhage||Vision Blurred||Depression||Asthenia|
|Pleural Effusion||Hypoaesthesia||Haemolytic Anaemia||Abdominal Pain Nos|
|Small Intestinal Ulcer Haemorrhage||Speech Disorder Nec||Cardiomyopathy||Diverticulitis Nos|
|Splenic Infarction||Neck Pain||Oedema Peripheral||Condition Aggravated|
|Weight Decreased||Pain In Face||Nephrolithiasis||Chest Pain|
|Tumour Lysis Syndrome||Intermenstrual Bleeding||Pruritus||Respiratory Distress|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Calcium and Macrobid on
Do you take Calcium and Macrobid?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Calcium and Macrobid
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Simvastatin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Prilosec Otc, Cayenne, Multivitamin, Melatonin, Fish Oil, Calcium, Biotin, B Complex Vitamin, Tavist Allergy/sinus/headache, Actifed, Norco for a 50-year old woman with General Physical Condition, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Heartburn - Chronic, Edema, General Physical Health Deterioration, Difficulty Falling Asleep, Bone Strength And Calcium, Spoon Nails, Fatigue, Allergies, Chronic Pain. The patient has Enlarged Liver
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Pepcid Ac, Aspirin, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Calcium, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Metoprolol Succinate, Advair Diskus 100/50, Concerta, Imiquimod for a 53-year old man with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Acid Reflux, General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergy, Constipation, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Adhd, Plantar Warts. The patient has Blood Potassium Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Meclizine, Restoril, Magnesium Glycinate, Flexeril, Calcium Carbonate, Calcitriol, Synthroid, Cymbalta for a 55-year old woman with Nausea, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Hypoparathyroidism Secondary, Muscle Spasticity, Hypothyroidism Postoperative, Pain. The patient has Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Fenofibrate, Vitamin D, Calcium, Osteoscan, Acetazolamide for a 37-year old woman with Hypertriglyceridaemia, Vitamin D Decreased, Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Glaucoma. The patient has Musculoskeletal Discomfort
- A study of drug interactions between Macrobid, Effexor Xr, Metformin for a 58-year old woman with Urinary Tract Infection, Depression, Diabetes. The patient has Vomiting, Night Sweats, Urge Incontinence, Ear Congestion, Cough, Chest Ct, Scan Lymph Nodes
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Calcium (calcium) is often used to treat osteopenia. Macrobid (nitrofurantoin; nitrofurantoin, macrocrystalline) is often used to treat urinary tract infection. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Calcium is used in:
- Macrobid is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Calcium alternatives:
- Macrobid alternatives:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.