Drug interactions between Cetirizine Hydrochloride and Delsym
This is a real world study of Cetirizine Hydrochloride and Delsym drug interactions. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 25 reports from FDA.
You have a question, but who will answer it? Healthcare is personal: one drug can work differently between women and men, or on people of different ages. How do you find patients like you to answer your question, and only patients like you can answer it? Our Personalized Q&A can help. Start now
What are the drugs
Cetirizine hydrochloride has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is used in allergic reactions, allergies, allergen, allergic rhinitis, eye allergy, multiple allergies.
Delsym has active ingredients of dextromethorphan polistirex. It is used in cough, allergic cough.
On May, 22, 2013: 25 people who reported to have interactions when taking Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Delsym are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride (cetirizine hydrochloride)
- Delsym (dextromethorphan polistirex)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Delsym:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|2||Toxicity To Various Agents||14|
|4||Pain In Extremity||11|
|8||Unresponsive To Stimuli||5|
|9||Body Temperature Increased||4|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Delsym:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Influenza like illness
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- get notified of updates of this study
- let eHealthMe monitor your drugs
- post a comment
- get our mobile app: never miss a symptom, compare it with patients like me in real time, and discuss it with doctors later
- still have questions? Check any related studies below
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Cetirizine Hydrochloride (cetirizine hydrochloride) is often used to treat allergic reactions. Delsym (dextromethorphan polistirex) is often used to treat cough. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Cetirizine hydrochloride is used in:
- Delsym is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Cetirizine hydrochloride alternatives:
- Delsym alternatives:
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Drospirenone And Ehtinyl Estradiol, Yasmin, Rocephin, Amoxil, Depo-provera, Percocet, Phenergan, Tessalon, Delsym, Avelox, Xanax, Lexapro, Allegra, Ambien Cr, Zyrtec, Ibuprofen Tablets, Pearls, Symax for a patient with Cough, Bronchitis, Pain. The patient has White Blood Cell Count Increased, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, Hepatic Steatosis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder (Generalized anxiety disorder), Gallbladder Cholesterolosis, Depression, Cholecystitis Chronic, Abdominal Pain Upper, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Depo-provera, Rocephin, Percocet, Amoxil, Phenergan, Tessalon, Delsym, Avelox, Ibuprofen, Xanax, Lexapro, Allegra, Ambien Cr, Zyrtec, Ocella, Pearls, Symax, Yasmin for a patient with Cough, Pain, Bronchitis. The patient has White Blood Cell Count Increased, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, Hepatic Steatosis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder (Generalized anxiety disorder), Gallbladder Cholesterolosis, Depression, Cholecystitis Chronic, Abdominal Pain Upper, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Delsym, Zyrtec, Ibuprofen for a patient with Cough. The patient has Tremor, Thirst Decreased, Psychomotor Hyperactivity, Hypophagia, Head Banging, Eye Disorder, Emotional Disorder, Decreased Appetite (Appetite - decreased)
- A study of drug interactions between Delsym, Children's Benadryl Allergy Cherry Liquid for a patient with Nasopharyngitis. The patient has Eye Rolling, Diplopia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Could Depression cause Heart racing?
- Could Fibromyalgia cause Heart racing?
- Could Stress and anxiety cause Heart racing?
- Could Dysthymia cause Heart racing?
- Top symptoms of Stress, its drugs and effectiveness
- Could Ambien cause Nephrosis?
- Could Ambien cause Nephrosis?
- Could Ambien cause Nephrotic syndrome?
- What side effects does Ambien have in real world?
- Latest Prilosec outcomes in real world