Review: Crestor and Metformin
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Crestor and Metformin. It is created by eHealthMe based on 5,175 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
On Mar, 30, 2014: 5,175 people who reported to have interactions when taking Crestor, Metformin are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Crestor (rosuvastatin calcium)
- Metformin (metformin hydrochloride)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Crestor, Metformin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||1,154|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||936|
|Blood Glucose Increased||814|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||761|
|Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction)||754|
|Pain In Extremity||644|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Crestor, Metformin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Myalgia (muscle pain)||64|
|Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction)||38|
|Hypoglycaemia (deficiency of glucose in the bloodstream)||36|
|Myocardial Infarction (destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle)||36|
|Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood)||34|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||33|
|High Density Lipoprotein Decreased||26|
|Hepatic Function Abnormal||24|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Blood cholesterol increased
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Crestor (rosuvastatin calcium) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Metformin (metformin hydrochloride) is often used to treat diabetes. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Crestor is used in:
- Metformin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Crestor alternatives:
- Metformin alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
it seems that I've become more down and depressed while on the lamictal. I took 50 mg. for 2 weeks and am now in the midst of taking 100 mg. I taken that for about 10 days now.
I started taking the Crestor and Metformin 5 months ago. Around a month and a half of taking the medicines I noticed my hair coming out more then usual and now it is so very, very noticeable. I have talked to my Dr's and they are not helping me with this matter. Can someone please tell me what to do to stop this from happening????
I noticed my skin was yellow in Aug 2013, at the time I was on a multi vitamin powder that was yellow from the B Vitamins, I was also on Tumeric, but on Aug 15 stopped both and yellow skin has not changed. My sclera is not yellow.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can u take metformin with stomach ulcer medication
I went to the doctors on friday cause i had an colonoscopy an they found out that o had 1 bleeding ulcers n 2 more stomach ulcer an they put me on 5 different medication an wanted to know if i can take my metformin with y stomach ulcer pills
- Can lantus cause problems with my menstrual cycle? i just started lantus in feb 2014 and it is now march and i'm am 5 days late on my cycle when i'm usually very consistent.
I was diagnosed with Diabetes on Jan 22nd and started Metformin ER 1000mg 2x a day. On Feb 21st I started Lantus 20units at bedtime. My last menstrual was Feb 18th - 21st and I am very consistent with a 27 day cycle. I am now 4 days late. Their is a very slim chance I am pregnant but feel that i ...
- Can crestor cause eye drooping
Started to take Crestor about 6 weeks ago and noticed slowly in one eye it had started to droop. Went to a clinic. didn't think it was a stroke but couldn't figure it out, Help please
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Metformin changes in mentrual cycle
At age 55, I started to enter menopause. When it began to taper off a couple of years ago, only one ovary was functioning, and my periods lasted only 1-2 days with minimal flow. Hadn't had a period in 4 months. Still had some PMS symptoms, but no flow. Was prescribed Metformin for pre-diabetes. My ...
- Metformin induced psoriatiform drug eruption
I'm a medical professional and I found psoratiform drug eruptions on my glans penis after taking metformin. This is the second time it has come and made me investigate the scenario myself. Lesions are scaly erythematous lesions and I am currently using low potency topical steroids after discontinuin ...
- Sciatic nerve dysfunction
I had been taking Crestor for about 4 years. Suddenly, I had terrible pain from my Sciatic Nerve. I couldn't stand, sit, lay down, walk, sleep, etc. without experiencing this pain. This went on for 5 months of unending pain. I had MRI, X-rays, Novocain, etc., with several doctors looking into it. No ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Saphris, Omeprazole, METFORMIN, GLIPIZIDE, HCTZ, Crestor, Lisinopril, Xanax, Prozac for a patient with Depression, Bipolar, Gastritis, Diabetes, Blood Pressure, Lower Cholesterol, Sleepy. The patient has Depressive Symptom
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycet, Metformin, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Crestor, Metoprolol Succinate for a patient with Nerve Pain, Diabetes, Depression, Cholesterol, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Valtrex, Lunesta, Synthroid, Crestor for a patient with Insulin Resistance Syndrome, Shingles, Insomnia, Hypothyroidism, Hypercholesterolaemia. The patient has Skin - Yellow (Jaundice - yellow skin)
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Crestor, Lipitor, Pravastatin Sodium for a 67-year old man who has Lower LDL
- Comparions of Metformin, Glimepiride for a 68-year old man who has Diabetes
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Probenecid And Colchicine, Metformin for a 76-year old man who has Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.