Review: Cymbalta and Gabapentin and Tryptophan
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Cymbalta and Gabapentin and Tryptophan. It is created by eHealthMe based on 4,325 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
On Apr, 2, 2014: 4,325 people who reported to have interactions when taking Cymbalta, Gabapentin, Tryptophan are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Cymbalta (duloxetine hydrochloride)
- Gabapentin (gabapentin)
- Tryptophan (l - tryptophan)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Cymbalta, Gabapentin, Tryptophan:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||1,491|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||1,483|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||1,337|
|Headache (pain in head)||1,127|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Cymbalta, Gabapentin, Tryptophan:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas)||74|
|Headache (pain in head)||70|
|Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body)||66|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
If the study doesn't answer your question, you can:
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Related drug interaction studies:
- Cymbalta and Gabapentin drug interactions (4,322 reports)
Complete drug side effects:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 days ago):
From this study (1 month ago):
From this study (1 month ago):
Have gained about 70lbs. In a year, cant lose weight. Every symptom of hypothyroidism and/or adrenal fatigue. I am 34yrs. Old with 3 kids, I weigh about 190lbs, which I only weigh this much when pregnant.
Have been on Gabapentin for years now. For the past 3-4 yrs, I have had a chronically elevated WBC without evidence of illness. WBCs run 10.5 to 13.0 consistently. Even when on antibiotics, has not dropped below 10.5. Am now wondering if this could be related to Gabapentin. The elevated WBCs have resulted in delay of care for back pain issues. At one time, I tried to get off of gabapentin - was titrating the dose(c my provider's permission). I noticed that the Restless Leg Syndrome that I had been experiencing had disappeared with the lower dose of Gabapentin. Unfortunately, the Meralgia Paresthetica synotoms increased & had to increase the Gabapentin back up. RLS came back with increased dose.
Have been on Gabapentin for years now. For the past 3-4 yrs, I have had a chronically elevated WBC without evidence of illness.WBCs run 10.5 tp 13.0 consistanly. Even when on antibiotics, has not dropped below 10.5. Am now wondering if this could be related to Gabapentin. The elevated WBCs have resulted in delay of care for back pain issues. At one time, I tried to get off of gabapentin - was titrating the dose(c my provider's permission). I noticed that the Restless Leg Syndrome that I had been experiencing had disappeared with the lower dose of Gabapentin. Unfortunately, the Meralgia Paresthetica synotoms increase & had to increase the Gabapentin back up. RLS came back with increased dose.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can high dose of neurontin cause skin rash on face?
Have been Taking 3000 mg Neurontin per day for migraine treatment for aprox 3 months and have recently developed unexplained rash on face.
- Why has my rls/plmd increased since i've been on ms contin, oxycodone, and higher dose of ropinerole? previously, i was on 40mg hydrocodone per day.
I have Fibromyalgia, Endometriosis, and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD) AND Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS). Recently, I went of of Hydrocodone, and started with MS Contin and Oxycodone. I also RAISED my Requip from .5 to 1mg.
- Has anyone experienced low albumin while on cymbalta
I have been diagnosed with very low albumin - have had ultrasound of kidneys and liver and urine test that are all good - wondering if low albumin may be caused by Cymbalta
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Hiccups with cymbalta
I have been on the drug Cymbalta for almost four days. Within these four days I have had extreme hiccups!! Sometimes just a random loud, out of no where hiccup. And others consisting over an hour long. This is very irritating.. I never thought a medicine. Would do such a thing! Does anyone know what ...
- Cymbalta - since taking cymbalta i have been waking myself up due to tongue biting.
Since I have been taking Cymbalta I wake myself up because of tongue biting. It is really painful. It is very strange. I think I must randomly clench my teeth and my tongue gets in the way.
- Osteomyelitis the battle to neutralize a punishing disease
Collar bones feet and skull 47 times in hyperbaric chamber and two years oxygen cured it disease returned after cutting toe with axe during hurricane like locked horns with disease no winner yet have not found drug to neutralize the superbug its very punishing taking 100 herbal pills daily plus clon ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, B Complex Vitamin, Neurontin, Cymbalta, Claritin, CoQ10, Kelp, L-tyrosine, Synthroid for a patient with Fatigue, Neuropathy, Sinusitis, Hypothyroidism.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Tramadol, Multivitamin, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Nitroglycerin, Methocarbamol, Metformin Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Gabapentin, Cymbalta, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Calcium Carbonate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Amlodipine for a patient with Vitamin D Deficiency, Drugs For Pain, Daily Vitamin Tablet, Restless Leg Syndrome, Gerd, Chest Pain, Back Muscke Spasm, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, High Balm, Meralgia Paraesthetica, Ibs, Ankle Replacement, High Blood Cholesterol, Prophylaxis. The patient has Restless Leg Syndrome, Chrinically Elevated Wbcs - 10.5 - 13.0
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Ibuprofen, Alprazolam, Clonazepam, Gabapentin, Cymbalta, Oxycodone for a patient with Md Ordered, Labs Low, Md Ordered, Energy Increased, Bone Pain, Panic Attacks, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Leg Pain, Depression, Pain - Shoulder. The patient has White Blood Cells Urine Positive
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atripla, Gabapentin for a 32-year old man who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Wellbutrin for a 49-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Sertraline, Effexor for a 36-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.