Review: Excedrin and Benzonatate
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Excedrin and Benzonatate. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 24 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Excedrin and Benzonatate >>>
What are the drugs
Excedrin (latest outcomes from 7,808 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; aspirin; caffeine. It is often used in headache.
Benzonatate (latest outcomes from 2,009 users) has active ingredients of benzonatate. It is often used in cough.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 24 people who take Excedrin, Benzonatate are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Excedrin (acetaminophen; aspirin; caffeine)
- Benzonatate (benzonatate)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Deep Vein Thrombosis|
|Eustachian Tube Dysfunction|
|Otitis Media Chronic|
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Deep Vein Thrombosis|
|Eustachian Tube Dysfunction|
|Otitis Media Chronic|
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|n/a||n/a||n/a||Depression||n/a||Pulmonary Embolism||n/a||Throat Irritation|
|Weight Decreased||Deep Vein Thrombosis||Nasal Discomfort|
|Hypotension||Mental Status Changes|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Excedrin and Benzonatate?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Excedrin and Benzonatate
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Excedrin and Benzonatate
- support group for people who take Benzonatate
- support group for people who take Excedrin
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What would cause a false positive for valium? i.e. i didnt take it, but has shown up in several of my urine test
(Asked by a 32 year old woman who takes Suboxone, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Melatonin, Benadryl, Excedrin, Ranitidine)
I've been going to my Suboxone doctor for over a year now. In that time all I have done (as far as "narcotic" go) is my Suboxone and when my grandpa passed she wrote me a small script, on 2 different occasion for Xanax 0.5 (which I was actually able to hold onto until about a month ago..) Well, yest ...
- Is it ok to take excedrin migraine when taking propanolol?
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Heart Beat Irratic, and takes Propranolol Hydrochloride, Acetaminophen; Aspirin; Caffeine)
I take propanolol for migraine prevention. I got a bad headache so I took 2 excedrin migraines and now my heart beat is irratic and I have to taje deep breathes just to feel like I'm breathing.
- After you stop taking excedrin does it still cause anxiety forever?
(Asked by a 30 year old woman who has Anxiety, and takes Excedrin)
I used to take excedrin everyday for headaches for a couple of years until one day I caught a panic attack and thought I was having a heart attack I was panicking,very shaky and thought I was going to die! I right away thought it had something to do with taking too much Excedrin so I threw it away a ...
- Does hydrochlorathiazide cause numbness and pain in your feet
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Hypertension, and takes Excedrin, Motrin Migraine Pain)
I've been taking hydrochlorathiazide for about a year, my feet are starting to hurt and are numb.
- I was given a pre-employment screening and tested positive for meth. can my adhd, asthma and heart medication cause a false positive result?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Allergic Cough, Heart Rate Increased, Asthma, Adhd, and takes Amphetamine Salt Combo, Benzonatate, Symbicort, Combivent)
I just finished a pre employment mouth swab drug screening, then asked to undergo a urine test to be shipped off. I was told I tested positive for meth. I would like to know if any of my prescribed medications can cause a false positive or even the exedrine migraine otc I take could cause this type ...
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Benzonatate visual disturbance
(Posted by a 30 year old woman who has Headache, Nausea, Visual Disturbance, and takes Benzonatate)
I was given this for a severe sinus infection along with an antibiotic so I could sleep without coughing. I realized after the third day on it that it was the reason I was having a snowy tv screen like effect in my vision, slight nausea, and a persistent headache. I originally attributed this to the ...
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Excedrin (acetaminophen; aspirin; caffeine) is often used to treat headache. Benzonatate (benzonatate) is often used to treat cough. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Excedrin is used in:
- Benzonatate is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Excedrin alternatives:
- Benzonatate alternatives:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Fludrocortisone Acetate, Sumatriptan, Topiramate, Excedrin for a patient with Hypotension, Migraine, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine. The patient has Ecg P Wave Inverted
Comments: Normal EKGs in past, severe migraine and took 100mg sumatriptan approx 4hrs before unrelated pre-op EKG, and failed pre-op certification, based on inverted T waves at V2 and V3
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of side effects of Excedrin for a patient with Cramps - Menstrual. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
Comments: just having a little trouble breathing
- A study of drug interactions between Benzonatate, Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Chronic Cough, Pain.
Comments: Can I take these two together
- A study of drug interactions between Valerian, Melatonin, Aleve, Ibuprofen, Excedrin, Sudafed, Xanax for a patient with Insomnia, Pain - Back, Backaches And Stress, Headache, Sinusitis Chronic, Anxiety. The patient has Ankle Swelling
Comments: I'm having oral surgery in a couple of days & dentist gave me xanax to take for the anxiety. I tried one pill Friday night to see how it would affect me & noticed the swelling Saturday
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.