Review: Fentanyl-25 and Mucinex
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Fentanyl-25 and Mucinex together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Fentanyl-25 and Mucinex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 276 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Fentanyl-25 and Mucinex >>>
What are the drugs
Fentanyl-25 (latest outcomes from 379 users) has active ingredients of fentanyl. It is often used in pain.
Mucinex (latest outcomes from 5,827 users) has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 276 people who take Fentanyl-25, Mucinex are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Fentanyl-25 (fentanyl)
- Mucinex (guaifenesin)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Confusional State||Pyrexia||Deep Vein Thrombosis||Anxiety|
|Decubitus Ulcer||Lung Neoplasm||Rib Fracture||Pneumonia|
|Epistaxis||Hyperaemia||Cardiovascular Disorder||Osteonecrosis Of Jaw|
|Atrial Fibrillation||Intervertebral Disc Disorder||Femur Fracture||Oedema Peripheral|
|Ventricular Tachycardia||Jaw Disorder||Osteopenia||Osteoarthritis|
|Renal Failure Acute||Laryngospasm||Fall||Injury|
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Back Pain||Back Pain|
|Depression||Osteonecrosis Of Jaw|
|Oedema Peripheral||Confusional State|
|Cardiomegaly||Pain In Extremity|
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|n/a||n/a||n/a||Urinary Tract Infection||Respiratory Failure||Pyrexia||Pain||Back Pain|
|Cardiac Failure Congestive||Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease||Mastication Disorder||Anxiety||Pneumonia|
|Influenza Like Illness||Pyelonephritis||Metastases To Bone||Cardiomegaly||Oedema Peripheral|
|Supraventricular Tachycardia||Oedema Peripheral||Musculoskeletal Pain||Osteonecrosis Of Jaw||Asthenia|
|Mass||Injury||Malnutrition||Renal Failure Acute||Pleural Effusion|
|Intracardiac Thrombus||Cardiac Arrest||Injury||Sinusitis||Constipation|
|Sinusitis||Death||Disability||Osteoarthritis||Osteonecrosis Of Jaw|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Fentanyl-25 and Mucinex?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Fentanyl-25 and Mucinex
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Fentanyl-25 and Mucinex
- support group for people who take Fentanyl-25
- support group for people who take Mucinex
Latest outcomes in real world:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does mucinex guaifenesin help treat fibromyalgia?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Guaifenesin)
I have tried so many treatments for fibromyalgia. I am going to try guaifenesin next . Any advice would be appreciated.
- I wanna know how fentanyl and oxycontin taken together like me works for patients?
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Chronic Neck, Knees, And Lower Back Pain, and takes Fentanyl-25, Oxycontin)
I have been taking these meds. For the last 10months due to a auto accident that's happened in 1995!! And have bee in chronic Pain ever since, had to resign from my good paying job!! I could no longer work due to the constant pain...it took my Dr. And I over 3 yrs. To come up with this regimen to ev ...
- Does the fentanyl patch cause *extreme* hair loss?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Partial Paralysis On My Left Side From An AVM Induced Stroke., and takes Fentanyl-50)
38 year old female, with a normal menstrual cycle, though it isn't as regular as it used to be...age or drug reasons? I've been on 50 mcg fentanyl patch, changing every 48 hours. I've been losing extreme amounts of head hair, scary amounts. I started using the patch this year/2014, in February, a ...
- Could this drug cause periodontal bone loss, bone loss around teeth
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Periodontal Bone Loss, Bone Loss Around Teeth , and takes Guaifenesin, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Turmeric, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine, Celexa, Gabapentin, Omeprazole, Pantoprazole, Pentoxifylline, Garcinia Cambogia, Carbamazepine, Tamsulosin, Lisinopril, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Flunisolide)
Do you suffer from periodontal bone loss or periodontal disease, or bone loss around teeth after taking this drug? Are your sodium levels low after taking this drug? I am a dentist and keep my teeth plaque free, but have had periodontal bone loss for which, I believe, must be drug related.
- What are the side effects while taking fentanyl with garcinia cambogia
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Skin Blushing/flushing, and takes Fentanyl-75, Cymbalta, Lorazepam, Baclofen, Requip, Percocet, Garcinia Cambogia)
I'm having headaches flushing/blushing in the face, tired, dizziness. I think that I might be allergic to it the garcinia cambogia ultra. I need to know if I can be on the fentanyl patch and take Garcinia Cambogia Ultra?
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Horrendous -nearly died from fentanyl
(Posted by a 58 year old man who has Low Back Pain, and takes Fentanyl-25)
I took Fentanyl 25mcg/hr patch. It should last 3 days. After 24 hours, there was no effect. My doctor recommended adding a second patch. Within 6 hours, I was vomiting every 15 minutes. I removed both patches. I could not even keep down a sip of water for 30 hours. My brother was with me, and he tho ...
- I wish i had never taken ambien
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Savella, Lyrica, Synthroid, Effexor, Tramadol, Duragesic-50, Flexeril, Ambien)
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has GI Disorders, Cognitive Deterioration, Migraine With Aura, Neck Pain, Fibromyalgia, CFS, and takes Chantix, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Black Cohosh, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Xanax, Topamax, Ambien, Armour Thyroid, Ms Contin, Fentanyl-25)
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation... MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!! As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!! I stop ...
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Fentanyl-25 (fentanyl) is often used to treat pain. Mucinex (guaifenesin) is often used to treat cough. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Fentanyl-25 is used in:
- Mucinex is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Fentanyl-25 alternatives:
- Mucinex alternatives:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Famotidine, Prednisone, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Proair Hfa, Flonase, Acetaminophen, Mucinex, Loratadine, Carafate, Flovent, Ipratropium Bromide, Lovenox for a patient with Hiatal Hernia, Pulmonary Congestion, Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, Deficiency Anaemia, Shortness Of Breath, Runny Nose, Pain, Lung/pulmonary Congestion, Esophagitis, Lung Cancer - Non-small Cell, Emphysema, Blood Clots. The patient has Runny Nose, Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Malignant Pleural Effusion
Comments: Not sure what to use & not use. Conflicting resources.congestion seems to all come from running nose.
- A study of side effects of Mucinex for a patient with Sinus Pain. The patient has Heartburn (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus)
Comments: just took tablets twice and burned stomach both times
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl-12, Norco, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Cymbalta, Synthroid, Klonopin, Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate for a patient with Pain, Insomnia, Bipolar Disorder, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Food Intolerance, Weight Gain, Regurgitation, Nausea, Burning Stomach, Back Pain
Comments: Is it possible to develop a gluten intolerance from one or a combination of the above medications?
- A study of drug interactions between Xifaxan, Lidocaine, Vitamin D, Nasonex, Vitamin B12, Zenpep, Zomig, Nuvaring, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-25, Phenergan for a patient with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Abdominal Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergic Sinusitis, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Migraine, Birth Control, Anxiety Disorder, Neck Injury, Hypertension, Pain - Abdomen, Postoperative Adhesion, Nausea Postoperative. The patient has Abdominal Bloating, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Migraine, Joint Stiffness, Diarrhoea Post-operative, Reflux Gastritis, Neck Pain, Abdominal Pain, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Cough, Nausea Post-operative, Malaise, Chills, Night Sweats, Fever
- A study of drug interactions between Xifaxan, Lidocaine, Vitamin D, Nasonex, Vitamin B12, Zenpep, Zomig, Nuvaring, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-25, Phenergan for a patient with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Abdominal Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergic Sinusitis, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Migraine, Birth Control, Anxiety Disorder, Neck Injury, Hypertension, Pain - Abdomen, Postoperative Adhesion, Nausea Postoperative. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Abdominal Bloating, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Migraine, Joint Stiffness, Diarrhoea Post-operative, Reflux Gastritis, Neck Pain, Abdominal Pain, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Cough, Nausea Post-operative, Malaise, Chills, Night Sweats, Fever
Comments: History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux 20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies Numerous hospitalizations Cholecystectomy, appendectomy Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed) Ro ...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.