Review: Flexeril and Cymbalta drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Flexeril and Cymbalta. It is created by eHealthMe based on 1,517 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Flexeril (latest outcomes from 16,348 users) has active ingredients of cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms.
Cymbalta (latest outcomes from 48,878 users) has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
On Mar, 1, 2014: 1,517 people who reported to have interactions when taking Flexeril, Cymbalta are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine hydrochloride)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Flexeril, Cymbalta:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||294|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||273|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||209|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||200|
|Headache (pain in head)||142|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Flexeril, Cymbalta:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Hypoglycaemia (deficiency of glucose in the bloodstream)||22|
|Ovarian Cyst (fluid filled sac of the ovary)||16|
|Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint)||11|
|Lymphoedema (localized fluid retention and tissue swelling)||11|
|Uterine Leiomyoma (uterine benign tumour derived from smooth muscle)||9|
|Postmenopausal Haemorrhage (post-menopausal bleeding)||8|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Muscle spasms
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride) is often used to treat muscle spasms. Cymbalta (duloxetine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Flexeril is used in:
- Cymbalta is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Flexeril alternatives:
- Cymbalta alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 weeks ago):
From this study (4 weeks ago):
From this study (3 months ago):
I am suffering from severe mood swings and nervousness. Sometimes I am so mad I want to rip something apart, most of the time my poor husband catches the brunt of it. My headaches are coming back, but I really want to get rid of the crazy mood swings before I hurt myself or someone else when i lose my temper maybe in a car driving, I will fly into a rage over little things...Please help me with this.
What do I need to get OFF of OR ON...
Thank you, Carolyn
I just started taking this medicine. want to see if anyone has had these problems.
Fish Oil, Vitamin D, biotin, B12
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By brendalea787: Should i be concerned with my heart pounding really hard?
i just started taking lisinopril 4 days ago and on the first day i took it, my heart started pounding really hard but eventually went away. Now on the 4th day(today), i took it and the same thing happened. It comes and goes. So i'm not sure what the problem is, if it's a side effect or something els ...
- By Nancy: How long before the a fib stops after stopping cymbalta?
Have been taking Cymbalta for 2 months for nerve pain and developed atrial fibrillation. I stopped taking the drug 4 days ago. Can I expect the atrial fibrillation to stop any time soon?
- By InsomniaRampant: Can a person use trazodone and dexamethasone?
I have only been on this for one day started like a moron at 8pm and ive been on it once before on a high dose but this is like 1mg bid for 7 days and i had a recent discovery im allergic to oxycontin as i would randomly pass out or be awake for days tripping, havent ever been on it before. Only rea ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Faeryofireland: Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
- By AlieCat: Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
- By Win: Cymbalta and pulmonary embolisms
I started taking Cymbalta in August for pain. By September I was suffering from shortness of breath. Visited Doctors asking if Cymbalta could be the cause. Answer was no. By the end of September I was no longer taking Cymbalta but still suffering from shortness of breath. It was getting severe a ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between B Complex Vitamin, Zocor, Halcion, Flexeril, Lyrica, Cymbalta, Norvasc, Hyzaar, Plavix, Centrum Silver for a patient with Blood Count Abnormal, High Blood Cholesterol, Sleep Apnea, Muscle Tightness, Neuropathy - Peripheral, Vascular Spasm, Hypertension, Tia, Nutrition Labeling. The patient has Severe Degenritive Disc Disease, Ruptured L5-4, Hypertension (High blood pressure), Pain - Leg (Leg pain), Cerebrovascular Spasm
- A study of drug interactions between Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Cialis, Phenylpropanolamine Hydrochloride W/ Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Cymbalta for a patient with Muscle Pain, Back Pain, Drug-induced Erectile Dysfunction, High Blood Pressure, Depression. The patient has Increased Sadness, Dry Mouth, Dissociation
- A study of drug interactions between Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Plaquenil, Nucynta, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cymbalta for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Rash, Hashimoto's Disease. The patient has Mouth Sores, Swollen Tongue
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.