Review: Flexeril and Cymbalta
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Flexeril and Cymbalta. It is created by eHealthMe based on 1,510 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
How are my drugs for patients like me? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now, it's anonymous, simple & free >>>
On Mar, 31, 2014: 1,510 people who reported to have interactions when taking Flexeril, Cymbalta are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine hydrochloride)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Flexeril, Cymbalta:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||666|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||574|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||568|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||540|
|Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage)||402|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Flexeril, Cymbalta:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Hypoglycaemia (deficiency of glucose in the bloodstream)||54|
|Lymphoedema (localized fluid retention and tissue swelling)||38|
|Uterine Leiomyoma (uterine benign tumour derived from smooth muscle)||36|
|Colon Adenoma (non cancerous epithelial colon tumour having a glandular origin and structure)||32|
|Low Turnover Osteopathy (slow removal of old bone and its replacement by new bone)||32|
|Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break)||32|
|Gastrointestinal Disorder (functional problems of gastrointestinal tract)||32|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Muscle spasms
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride) is often used to treat muscle spasms. Cymbalta (duloxetine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Flexeril is used in:
- Cymbalta is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Flexeril alternatives:
- Cymbalta alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (4 months ago):
I am suffering from severe mood swings and nervousness. Sometimes I am so mad I want to rip something apart, most of the time my poor husband catches the brunt of it. My headaches are coming back, but I really want to get rid of the crazy mood swings before I hurt myself or someone else when i lose my temper maybe in a car driving, I will fly into a rage over little things...Please help me with this.
What do I need to get OFF of OR ON...
Thank you, Carolyn
I just started taking this medicine. want to see if anyone has had these problems.
Fish Oil, Vitamin D, biotin, B12
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Cymbalta cause convultions
Having violent muscle contractions after withdrawal from Cymbalta.
- Can flexiral withdraw cause angina? also notice when it's time for a bowel movement
I've had a resent (2 weeks ago) stress and nucular scan with no sign of heart attack. Also I get this feeling occasionally before a bowel movement
- Why has my rls/plmd increased since i've been on ms contin, oxycodone, and higher dose of ropinerole? previously, i was on 40mg hydrocodone per day.
I have Fibromyalgia, Endometriosis, and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD) AND Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS). Recently, I went of of Hydrocodone, and started with MS Contin and Oxycodone. I also RAISED my Requip from .5 to 1mg.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Hiccups with cymbalta
I have been on the drug Cymbalta for almost four days. Within these four days I have had extreme hiccups!! Sometimes just a random loud, out of no where hiccup. And others consisting over an hour long. This is very irritating.. I never thought a medicine. Would do such a thing! Does anyone know what ...
- Cymbalta - since taking cymbalta i have been waking myself up due to tongue biting.
Since I have been taking Cymbalta I wake myself up because of tongue biting. It is really painful. It is very strange. I think I must randomly clench my teeth and my tongue gets in the way.
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between B Complex Vitamin, Zocor, Halcion, Flexeril, Lyrica, Cymbalta, Norvasc, Hyzaar, Plavix, Centrum Silver for a patient with Blood Count Abnormal, High Blood Cholesterol, Sleep Apnea, Muscle Tightness, Neuropathy - Peripheral, Vascular Spasm, Hypertension, Tia, Nutrition Labeling. The patient has Severe Degenritive Disc Disease, Ruptured L5-4, Hypertension (High blood pressure), Pain - Leg (Leg pain), Cerebrovascular Spasm
- A study of drug interactions between Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Cialis, Phenylpropanolamine Hydrochloride W/ Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Cymbalta for a patient with Muscle Pain, Back Pain, Drug-induced Erectile Dysfunction, High Blood Pressure, Depression. The patient has Increased Sadness, Dry Mouth, Dissociation
- A study of drug interactions between Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Plaquenil, Nucynta, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cymbalta for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Rash, Hashimoto's Disease. The patient has Mouth Sores, Swollen Tongue
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Norco, Flexeril for a 28-year old man who has Muscle Pain
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Wellbutrin for a 49-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Sertraline, Effexor for a 36-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.