Review: taking Gabapentin and Ephedrine together
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Gabapentin and Ephedrine together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Gabapentin and Ephedrine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 61 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Gabapentin and Ephedrine >>>
On Mar, 31, 2015: 61 people who take Gabapentin, Ephedrine are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Gabapentin (gabapentin)
- Ephedrine (ephedra)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Renal Failure Acute||Melaena||Hyperhidrosis||n/a||Abasia||n/a||n/a||Dizziness|
|Oliguria||Hypotension||Gastrointestinal Motility Disorder||Pain In Extremity||Renal Failure Acute|
|Haematuria||Haematemesis||Nausea||Deep Vein Thrombosis||Vomiting|
|Acute Pulmonary Oedema||Neuropathy Peripheral||Vomiting||Dyspnoea||Nausea|
|Pleural Effusion||Peripheral Vascular Disorder||Regurgitation||Pulmonary Embolism||Pain In Extremity|
|Renal Failure||Ventricular Tachycardia||Gallbladder Cholesterolosis||Emotional Distress||Pain|
|Injury||Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome||Dyspepsia||Fatigue||Dyspepsia|
|Anxiety||Acute Respiratory Failure||Abdominal Tenderness||Pain||Anaemia|
|Fear||Pleural Effusion||Abdominal Pain Upper||Anxiety||Pleural Effusion|
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Renal Failure Acute||Neuropathy Peripheral|
|Acute Pulmonary Oedema||Anaemia|
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|n/a||n/a||n/a||Insomnia||Lymphopenia||Acute Pulmonary Oedema||Dyspnoea||Multi-organ Failure|
|Overdose||Renal Failure Acute||Renal Failure Acute||Neuropathy Peripheral||Anxiety|
|Myofascial Pain Syndrome||Haematuria||Haematuria||Gastritis Erosive||Renal Failure|
|Paraesthesia||Nausea||Metabolic Acidosis||Peripheral Vascular Disorder||Death|
|Peritoneal Abscess||Cholecystitis Chronic||Pleural Effusion||Hypotension||Renal Impairment|
|Personality Disorder||Vomiting||Blood Cholesterol Increased||Pleural Effusion||Injury|
|Migraine||Abdominal Pain Upper||Pyelocaliectasis||Ventricular Tachycardia||Renal Failure Acute|
|Melaena||Bowel Movement Irregularity||Respiratory Disorder||Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome||Oliguria|
|Lumbar Radiculopathy||Abdominal Tenderness||Oxygen Saturation Decreased||Pulmonary Oedema||Bronchioloalveolar Carcinoma|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Gabapentin and Ephedrine on
Do you take Gabapentin and Ephedrine?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Gabapentin and Ephedrine
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Cardizem, Lisinopril, Lexapro, Lipitor, Gabapentin for a 72-year old woman with Cardiac Disorder, Chronic Depression, Neuropathy. The patient has Fluid Retention, Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 59-year old woman with Neuropathy Peripheral.
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Gabapentin, Robaxin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Topamax, Cymbalta, Xanax for a 28-year old woman with Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Sciatica, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Insomnia, Borderline Personality Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension. The patient has Nightmares
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Mobic, Gabapentin for a 35-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Elbow Pain, Nerve Pain. The patient has Nerve Pain, High Blood Pressure, Tingling And Numbness, Burning Sensation
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Baclofen, Gabapentin, Viibryd, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 33-year old woman with Supraventricular Tachycardia, Fibromyalgia, Depression. The patient has Pain, Blurred Vision, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Gabapentin (gabapentin) is often used to treat pain. Ephedrine (ephedra) is often used to treat weight loss. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Gabapentin is used in:
- Ephedrine is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Gabapentin alternatives:
- Ephedrine alternatives:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.