Review: Ginseng and Gleevec
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Ginseng and Gleevec. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
What are the drugs
Ginseng (latest outcomes from 189 users) has active ingredients of ginseng, panax. It is often used in medical diet.
Gleevec (latest outcomes from 20,436 users) has active ingredients of imatinib mesylate. It is often used in chronic myelogenous leukemia (cml).
On Sep, 19, 2014: 0 people who take Ginseng, Gleevec is studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Ginseng (ginseng, american)
- Gleevec (imatinib mesylate)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ginseng and Gleevec?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Ginseng and Gleevec
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Please ask anyone with chronic myeloid leukemia cml taking gleevec (glivec) who also had a total knee arthroplasty (total knee replacement) if they had problems with the knee after the operation.
After the knee replacement, my knee was enlarged woody and stiff. I have never got back full motion in that knee and have trouble going downstairs etc
- Do nails recover from onycholysis and re-attach
Have been on Imatinib (Glivec) almost 3 years. 6 months ago nails became discoloured and partly separated from finger. Separation is still spreading down nail. Could I lose nail(s)? Will nails recover and will new nail growth be attached to fingers?
- I have been treated with gleevec for 10 years for cml and have recently been diagnosed with enthesopathy. is there a correlation between the two?
I recently was diagnosed with Enthesopathy after an exam and xray.I began to experience sever pain in my left hip that was not related to an accident.
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Gleevec (imatinib mesylate) is often used to treat chronic myelogenous leukemia (cml). Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Gleevec is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Gleevec alternatives:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.