Review: Hyzaar and Aspirin drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Hyzaar and Aspirin. It is created by eHealthMe based on 1,563 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Hyzaar (latest outcomes from 10,780 users) has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide; losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Aspirin (latest outcomes from 164,096 users) has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots.
On Mar, 1, 2014: 1,563 people who reported to have interactions when taking Hyzaar, Aspirin are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide; losartan potassium)
- Aspirin (aspirin)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Hyzaar, Aspirin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||216|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||149|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||135|
|Pain In Extremity||114|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Hyzaar, Aspirin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||12|
|Polymyositis (inflammatory muscle disease that causes weakness of the skeletal muscles)||5|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||5|
|Rhabdomyolysis (a condition in which damaged skeletal muscle tissue breaks down)||5|
|Low Density Lipoprotein Increased (cholesterol increased in blood)||4|
|Bundle Branch Block Left (absence of transmission of electric impulses from the atrioventricular (av) bundle of his to the left ventricle)||4|
|Kyphosis (a condition of over-curvature of the thoracic vertebrae (upper back))||4|
|Interstitial Lung Disease||4|
|Blood Urine Present||4|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased
- Diabetes mellitus
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Losartan potassium and hydrochlorothiazide
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Hyzaar (hydrochlorothiazide; losartan potassium) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Aspirin (aspirin) is often used to treat blood clots. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Hyzaar is used in:
- Aspirin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Hyzaar alternatives:
- Aspirin alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
From this study (5 months ago):
severe pain started after taking augmenton and zithromax
Please help me, I don't know if it is my age or if it is all of this medication and suppliments I am taking but here over the last few month my health has been deterating.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Curious: When is the best time of day to take a baby aspirin for a male or female over 65?
I have read that the best time of day to take a Baby Aspirin to prevent a heart attack or stroke is at night. However, not all the studies agree that the time of day matters. According to your own physician, what time of day is considered the best to receive the optimum benefits?
- By lefty: Does enalapril cause dry mouth
I am generally healthy and active for an octogenarian, but the dry mouth and swollen ankles do bother me.
- By Wayne: I take flecainide for af.can i take glucosamine & chondroitin ( msm) to treat back pain
Can I take the flecainide for the AF and the MSM joint formula for back pain without adverse effects
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Boo Radly: Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- By snoozy: Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
- By Milton Toal: Melformin and hiccups
Started Metformin yesterday at 250 mg after breakfast. Severe hiccups for 5+ hours, approx 5 - 10.30 p.m. Very hard to relieve by breathing into a bag and took several tries to stop. Could not stop until I alkalised with Bi-carb soda in water, twice. Started again in the night, about 1.30 am. Took ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Norco, Aspirin, Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide, Crestor, Aciphex, Zithromax, Augmentin '500' for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Pain, Hypertension, Hyperlipidaemia, Gerd, Sinusitis. The patient has Tendonitis, Pain, Joint Swelling, Pain - Muscles (Muscle aches)
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Loratadine, Turmeric, Ferrous Citrate Fe 59, Garlic, CoQ10, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Cinnamon, Magnesium Oxide, Multivitamin, Aspirin, Promethazine, Metoprolol Succinate, Metformin, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hyzaar, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Flexeril for a patient with Bone Strength And Calcium, Seasonal Allergy, General Physical Condition, Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Health, Neuropathy Peripheral, Metabolism, Doctors, Stroke, Nausea And Vomiting, Heart Rate Abnormal, Diabetes Mellitus, Acid Reflux, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure, Migraine, Depression, Fibromyalgia.
- A study of drug interactions between Nucynta Er, Simvastatin, Hyzaar, Multivitamin, Aspirin for a patient with Chronic Pain, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypertension, Healthy Living. The patient has Constipation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.