Review: Latuda and Prozac
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Latuda and Prozac. It is created by eHealthMe based on 8 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
How are my drugs for patients like me? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now, it's anonymous, simple & free >>>
On Apr, 1, 2014: 8 people who reported to have interactions when taking Latuda, Prozac are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Latuda (lurasidone hydrochloride)
- Prozac (fluoxetine hydrochloride)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Latuda, Prozac:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Stress Fracture (fracture of a bone caused by repeated (rather than sudden) mechanical stress)||8|
|Pain In Extremity||8|
|Plantar Fasciitis (painful inflammatory process of the plantar fascia)||8|
|Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure)||4|
|Musculoskeletal Pain (pain affects the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves)||4|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Latuda, Prozac:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Gastrointestinal disorder
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Latuda (lurasidone hydrochloride) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Prozac (fluoxetine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Latuda is used in:
- Prozac is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Latuda alternatives:
- Prozac alternatives:
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Why has my rls/plmd increased since i've been on ms contin, oxycodone, and higher dose of ropinerole? previously, i was on 40mg hydrocodone per day.
I have Fibromyalgia, Endometriosis, and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD) AND Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS). Recently, I went of of Hydrocodone, and started with MS Contin and Oxycodone. I also RAISED my Requip from .5 to 1mg.
- Can i take garcinia cambogia with 80mg of flouoxitine and prempro?
Would like to know if I can take Garcinia Cambogia with the meds and vitamin I am currently taking. I'd like to lose weight with Garcinia Cambogia. Thank You
- Is glutathione and l carnitine safe to use when you have mitrwl valve prolapse and kidney stones?
I am 47 and in dire need of an effective weight loss supplement.Desperate to get a sound advice please.thank you!
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Good medication no side effects
Best ever no side effects I love latuda it works for my bipolar disorder depression and viagra works with it
- Latuda i feel saved my life. it treats not only bipolar but depression too..
I've been suffering from bipolar/depression since I was in my late teens. I'm almost 30now. Anyways latuda by far is the best med I've ever been on. I currently take 80 mg a day at bedtime. No baggage side effects like other meds I've been on. Helps with my moods and my depression. Now instead of ta ...
- Prozac and palpitations
I did well on Prozac and by 2 weeks noticed a better attitude. After a month, very little depression, had positive attitude, and my anxiety wasn't affected. Sleep was approx. 6 hrs a night with Ambien. However, I began to notice palpitations/ fibrilations that would last for 20 to 30 seconds and una ...
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prozac for a 26-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Prozac, Adderall 30, Oxycodone for a 28-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Elavil, Latuda for a 49-year old woman who has OCD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.