Review: Loratadine and Benadryl
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Loratadine and Benadryl. It is created by eHealthMe based on 1,202 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
How are my drugs for patients like me? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now, it's anonymous, simple & free >>>
On Mar, 29, 2014: 1,202 people who reported to have interactions when taking Loratadine, Benadryl are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Loratadine (loratadine)
- Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Loratadine, Benadryl:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||322|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||249|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||193|
|Headache (pain in head)||153|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||142|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Loratadine, Benadryl:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Short-term Memory Loss||2|
|Shortness Of Breath||2|
|Drug Effect Decreased||1|
|Body Temperature Fluctuation||1|
|Depression Suicidal (suicide depressive disorder)||1|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Loratadine (loratadine) is often used to treat allergies. Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used to treat insomnia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Loratadine is used in:
- Benadryl is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Loratadine alternatives:
- Benadryl alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (13 months ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
will any these come up positive
I was on all of these and my daughter was just born a stillborn! I have had 2 previous births that were term and normal. I didn't have to take all of these with them!
Experiencing neuropathy of feet which began after gout attack -- curious if any drug interaction may be partially responsible. Note -- newest refill of Atorvastatin is manufactured by Sandoz, but have not taken any yet.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Have benadryl users ever experienced sudden onset hearing loss in one ear? does i hearing return?
I've been taking Benadryl tablets to control intense itching for the past two months or so. My last tablet was 2 days ago. Today, over the course of 2 hours, I've lost a significant amount of hearing in one ear. Has anyone else experienced this? Was your hearing restored, and if so, with treatmen ...
- How do you know for sure benadryl caused the hair loss
I'm 36 years old and have been taking Benadryl to help sleep for 6-8 months, 4-5 nights a week. The past couple months I've noticed a ton of shedding especially around my crown towards the mid to back of my part and now see my scalp through the hair that is still there. I'm starting to panic and ha ...
- Can i take saphris with sudafed and benadryl
Is it ok to take sudafed and Benadryl cold and flu tablets with saphris bipolar tablets?
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Leg pain and occasional arm and hand pain
I started having leg pains at night, lower leg felt like the muscle and bone were being pulled causing sharp pain. It was relieved by getting up and walking but would last most of the night. I finally realized after suffering this over and over for months, that it only happened when I had taken be ...
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
- Oxybutynin chloride and chest pain
A urologist prescribed Vesicare (and Estrace cream) early in 2013 for urge incontinance. When hospitalized for cellulitis (never had it before) in May (2013), I took lots of I-V Clindamycin. The hospital had Ditropan on their formulary, and the urologist switched to it (it was cheaper)--and I con ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Vicks Formula 44, Sudafed, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, K-Effervescent, Omeprazole, Indomethacin, Amlodipine, Carvedilol, Alavert, Simvastatin, Lisinopril, Furosemide for a patient with Stuffy Nose, Nasal Allergies, Allergic Sinusitis, Antacid Pain Reliever, Acid Reflux, Gout, Kidney Failure - Chronic Blockage, Blood Pressure Decreased, Allergy, Cholestasis, Blood Pressure, Lung Water. The patient has Cold-stimulus Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Ranitidine, Loratadine, Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Senna, Colace, Benadryl for a patient with Acid Reflux, Allergies, Flinstones, Aat Deficiency, Constipation, Insomnia. The patient has Stillbirth
- A study of drug interactions between Lovastatin, Singulair, Flonase, Claritin, Omeprazole, Mucinex, Benadryl for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Allergies, Gerd, Sleep Aid.
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Amlodipine, Losartan, Mirtazapine, Loratadine for a 58-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a 47-year old woman who has Sneezing And Runny Nose
- Comparions of Claritin, Allegra, Zyrtec for a 35-year old woman who has Allergy To Plants
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.